F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > New member waiting on a ship
GetBMWParts

03-21-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
engstrom
Rep
Drives: E89 Deep Sea Blue with Oyster

New member waiting on a ship

Howdy,

first post here. I've had an E89 (N54) for a year now and love it. My wife has a 10 year old (55,000 miles - she doesn't drive much) C5 Z06 and decided she wanted out of the "can't hold a conversation on the highway" and "scrape the car going over speed bumps" game.

She test drove a 335i F30 and liked the overall package so we placed our order for an Imperial Blue Sport Line with Everest Grey and brushed aluminum with red stripe interior on Feb. 17th. The build was started in Munich on March 9th and completed a week later. I'm hoping it's made it out to Bremerhaven and will be aboard either the Florida Highway or the Turandot. I guess we'll see if my CA sends me an email tomorrow telling me the car is on the ship headed our way. If I don't get that email tomorrow morning then I guess I'll have missed the upcoming (sometime in the next two and a half hours because the Florida Highway is supposed to leave on the 21st and there isn't much time left in the day) departure of the Florida Highway and will hopefully be on the Turandot when it leaves tomorrow.

Fingers crossed that I make one of those two ships. Anyway, thanks to everyone for all the cool tracking info that's been shared.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
jzcrna
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

be patient, this process seems like an eternity. Hope you get on a ship soon.

then again what do you care? the car is for your wife...right?

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #3
engstrom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzcrna View Post
then again what do you care? the car is for your wife...right?

LOL, yep, it's for the wife. But I'm still kind of a little bit excited.

It'll look good in the garaged parked next to my Z4.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #4
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Hiyas and welcome! I can imagine you would be kind of excited, I am too.. then again, it will be mine

No ship huh? Hmm. let me promise you this, if you still have no ship by the 26th/27th, I'll send my transportation, the Tortugas (sure, it translates as 'turtles' but it's the fastest ship around), back to Bremerhaven to pick you up.. that's how cool I am haha

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #5
MacAttackBMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 Sport Line - Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache
Hiyas and welcome! I can imagine you would be kind of excited, I am too.. then again, it will be mine

No ship huh? Hmm. let me promise you this, if you still have no ship by the 26th/27th, I'll send my transportation, the Tortugas (sure, it translates as 'turtles' but it's the fastest ship around), back to Bremerhaven to pick you up.. that's how cool I am haha
Here's the thing, I got word from a psychic that I know that the Tortugas was going to lose its course on the way to Hawaii, take a terrible left turn, and not realize it until it hits the Great Barrier reef and sinks!!!

Given this unfortunate news, you may just have to wait for an American ship (ahem, the Green Bay) to come back and pick you up! :P
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #6
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttackBMW View Post
Here's the thing, I got word from a psychic that I know that the Tortugas was going to lose its course on the way to Hawaii, take a terrible left turn, and not realize it until it hits the Great Barrier reef and sinks!!!

Given this unfortunate news, you may just have to wait for an American ship (ahem, the Green Bay) to come back and pick you up! :P
lol your story is wrong on a lot of points

1. If it takes a left turn any time soon, it would actually be on course to Hawaii.
2. If it takes a left turn when arriving in Hawaii, it would end up in the Antarctic, nowhere near the Great Barrier Reef (Australia) lol
3. The Tortugas was never scheduled to go to Hawaii. I disembark the ship in Oxnard, CA, and embark a non-BMW related carrier to Hawaii, one that knows the way with it's eyes close (although that might give certain complications lmao).
4. If the Tortugas would indeed sink now, your beloved Green Bay will be on an imminent disaster course and collide with the Tortugas, either that or blocking the port to your disembark location, giving you a huge delay in which your car will simply rot away by the salt air

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #7
MacAttackBMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hahahah!!! Well I guess I just got bit&@ slapped!!! Guess you were taking geography courses and polishing up on ship tracking while I was learning to walk.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 09:40 PM   #8
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
You're missing this smiley in your post:

Haha j/k

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #9
engstrom
Rep

Thanks for the offer svache but both the Florida Highway and the Turandot are still in port in Bremerhaven so hopefully my wife's car will make it on one of them. And besides as fast as the Turtle is I don't really want to wait for it to make it all the way back to Germany.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 09:53 PM   #10
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by engstrom View Post
Thanks for the offer svache but both the Florida Highway and the Turandot are still in port in Bremerhaven so hopefully my wife's car will make it on one of them. And besides as fast as the Turtle is I don't really want to wait for it to make it all the way back to Germany.
Suit it yourself, but don't come asking me when your car is still in Bremerhaven and those two ships are long gone

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 09:47 AM   #11
engstrom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
Suit it yourself, but don't come asking me when your car is still in Bremerhaven and those two ships are long gone
Well, both the Florida Highway and the Turandot just left the dock so we'll see what news I get from my CA come tomorrow morning.

Marine Traffic is my new favorite website - I'm going to feel a little lonely when both ships disappear from radar. Of course maybe I should start tracking the Turtles just in case...
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #12
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Haha I know the feeling.. I'm going to have withdrawal signs soon, my ship entered port and is now unloading our cars =D

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #13
engstrom
Rep

Well, no status change on My BMW, no email from my CA. I'm starting to think I missed the boat.

When will Tortugas make it back to Bremerhaven?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 05:37 PM   #14
engstrom
Rep

The Independence II is now in port at Bremerhaven and scheduled to leave Bremerhaven on Tuesday. Here's hoping my wife's car will be on that ship.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 05:34 PM   #15
engstrom
Rep

The Independence II is still sitting in port at Bremerhaven but the status on my wife's car now shows En Route to the U.S. I guess it made it aboard the Florida Highway or Turandot after all.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 05:36 PM   #16
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The Independence II is still sitting in port at Bremerhaven but the status on my wife's car now shows En Route to the U.S. I guess it made it aboard the Florida Highway or Turandot after all.
Congrats! That's good news!

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #17
MacAttackBMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by engstrom
That's awesome!!! One less hurdle to get past!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 08:00 PM   #18
engstrom
Rep

Quote:
That's awesome!!! One less hurdle to get past!!!
Yep. And my CA is telling me that I should have the car by April 16th. :thump: Very excited now.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #19
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yep. And my CA is telling me that I should have the car by April 16th. :thump: Very excited now.
I so live in the wrong spot on earth when it comes to a BMW delivery

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 10:25 PM   #20
MacAttackBMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache
Quote:
You took the words right out of my mouth. My ship arrived today, has said 0500 arrival ETA since Panama, and even now I can map it to the shore, but it isn't registering as in port!!! WTF?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 02:59 PM   #21
engstrom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
I guess I shouldn't feel bad about the day or two it will take to truck the car from the VDC in Georgia to Dallas. After all it takes a lot longer than that to get a car from the VDC in Oxnard out to Hawaii.

I think you deserve some sort of patience award svache!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 02:59 PM   #22
engstrom
Rep

Quote:
You took the words right out of my mouth. My ship arrived today, has said 0500 arrival ETA since Panama, and even now I can map it to the shore, but it isn't registering as in port!!! WTF?
Hopefully your car is showing up as in port today. Any updates?
Appreciate 0