F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Destination Mystery - Vehicle Distribution Center
proTUNING Freaks

03-26-2012, 08:45 AM   #1
TEAShea
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Destination Mystery - Vehicle Distribution Center

My 328i has been produced and I tracked it to Bremerhaven. I live in Nebraska and purchased the car here, at Lincoln BMW. I kept looking for my car to be on a WW ship to New York/New Jersey, which is where the BMW VDC is located. From my experience this is the VDC that generally serves for cars going to the MidWest.

However, WW lists my car as being on the good ship TYSLA. This ship does not go to New York. It stops in Baltimore and Savannah.

Does BMW have a VDC in Savannah?

Does BMW sometimes contract with the Mercedes VPC in Baltimore to prep its cars? (heard this once).

Thanks for any info

Tom
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
dmontic71
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

Garage List
I think some of the shipping guide info in the "sticky" posts may be outdated. My car was on the ship California Highway, operated by K-Line, not WW. I was able to track that ship (stopped in Baltimore, Brunswick, then Charleston). I'm assuming my car came off the ship in Brunswick GA (since I live in Tampa), which would have been on the 21st. Haven't heard anything yet from my dealership but hoping the car is arriving soon!

Anyone out there have any updates as to timeframes once the car reached the US?
      03-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
Shuttlegoose
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30 328, e36 m3

Do ships going to new York only use WW?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #4
jzcrna
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmontic71
I think some of the shipping guide info in the "sticky" posts may be outdated. My car was on the ship California Highway, operated by K-Line, not WW. I was able to track that ship (stopped in Baltimore, Brunswick, then Charleston). I'm assuming my car came off the ship in Brunswick GA (since I live in Tampa), which would have been on the 21st. Haven't heard anything yet from my dealership but hoping the car is arriving soon!

Anyone out there have any updates as to timeframes once the car reached the US?
my car landed in Brunswick on a Saturday. The dealership had it on Thursday and I picked it up on the following Saturday. I live in Florida, but purchased my car in Atlanta.

Yea the shipping info is rather dated on the threads.

My ship traveled from Bremerhaven to Baltimore, Brunswick and South Carolina. It was on a K-Line ship called Dover Highway.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #5
dmontic71
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzcrna View Post
my car landed in Brunswick on a Saturday. The dealership had it on Thursday and I picked it up on the following Saturday. I live in Florida, but purchased my car in Atlanta.

Yea the shipping info is rather dated on the threads.

My ship traveled from Bremerhaven to Baltimore, Brunswick and South Carolina. It was on a K-Line ship called Dover Highway.

Thanks for the info. Just the the call today from my CA that my car has arrived. Should be picking it up tomorrow!
      03-28-2012, 07:53 PM   #6
jzcrna
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Congrats, you are going to love it!!
Appreciate 0