E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E90 leaking vacuum pump help

03-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
mat
Registered
Rep
Drives: 318i SE E90 2006 Saloon

E90 leaking vacuum pump help

Hello all,

I have identified that my E90 2006 318i SE saloons Vacuum Pump is leaking oil at the back of the engine.

I was going to leave it a while but the occassional burning drop of oil putting smoke into the cabin through the vents has now progressed to an occassional judder when setting off which leads me to think some of this oil is seeping into the clutch assembly (its contained right underneath) and contaminating the plate.

So, Im going to have a go at replacing the O ring on the Vacum Pump to see if this helps before replacing the part.

Has anyone ever removed the pump on an E90? Its just visible from underneath right up close against the bulk head of the car but not accessible from there. I assume you access it from the top after removing all the cabin filter assembly but talking to a BMW indy yesterday he said you have to remove the VCG to get at it!?

Surely not... any help would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0