E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > The Rs Tuning, MRF engineering, or West End Alignment

03-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
amanuuh
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi R8

The Rs Tuning, MRF engineering, or West End Alignment

so i heard these 3 are great for corner balancing and alignment.

which one of these 3 would you guys recommend
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
amanuuh
Colonel
United_States
Rep

bump
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #3
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BMW

No experience with R's Tunning but i've heard good things from friends. Personally, I'd go with Platte Forme A.G. or West End (if you can handle the wait). I've had a corner balance and alignment done at both Platte Forme and West End. You really can't go wrong with both, but West End has a typical wait time of 1-2 weeks and you'll spend 3+ hours on the rack as Darren is extremely meticulous and does everything by hand, no machines.

Platte Forme is great, I dropped my car off and went back to work. They texted me updates along the way, sent me pictures to see the ride height after the car was corner balanced, adjusted the steering 5 times just to make sure my steering wheel was perfectly straight (it was slightly to the left after my first corner balance & alignment at West End).

Personally I'd go with companies that actually race and test their cars, not companies that install brake calipers upside down and then send the customer along their way (cough MRF).
      03-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
amanuuh
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
No experience with R's Tunning but i've heard good things from friends. Personally, I'd go with Platte Forme A.G. or West End (if you can handle the wait). I've had a corner balance and alignment done at both Platte Forme and West End. You really can't go wrong with both, but West End has a typical wait time of 1-2 weeks and you'll spend 3+ hours on the rack as Darren is extremely meticulous and does everything by hand, no machines.

Platte Forme is great, I dropped my car off and went back to work. They texted me updates along the way, sent me pictures to see the ride height after the car was corner balanced, adjusted the steering 5 times just to make sure my steering wheel was perfectly straight (it was slightly to the left after my first corner balance & alignment at West End).

Personally I'd go with companies that actually race and test their cars, not companies that install brake calipers upside down and then send the customer along their way (cough MRF).
okay so MRF is out of the question lol

hmmmm i really want to go to West End but i heard its really pricey plus an hour and fifteen min away

the Rs Tuning is across the street from my buds shop. so i was thinking about just going over there after my new wheels are installed.

ill look into platte forme. didnt know they did alignment and stuff like that.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #5
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BMW

Why do you want a corner balance?

Before even getting it done, I'd consider if you really need a corner balance. If you cars a street car or even an occasional track car, you will never even notice the affects of a corner balance.
      03-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #6
amanuuh
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
Why do you want a corner balance?

Before even getting it done, I'd consider if you really need a corner balance. If you cars a street car or even an occasional track car, you will never even notice the affects of a corner balance.
i needed an alignment, adjust my kw V3 so i thought id get it corner balanced too. its a street car but its going to be like an every other month track car as soon.
Appreciate 0