BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-02-2012, 06:28 AM   #1
R3DL1N3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Looking to purchase 1M

Dilemma!

Hello all. I'm not really new other than the username. I usually read these forums since the release of the 1m, since my family has grown out my modded Honda s2000 I've really wanted the 1m as a performance oriented coupe.

Problem is they're hard to come by in Canada, well everywhere. The reason for the post is to gauge reaction and get some wisdom on the topic of purchasing a stripped (no options) AW 1m or a fully loaded 135i M-sport ordered brand new. I'm a bit of a performance junky but I really had my heart set on a loaded 1m.

Is it viable to put most options on the 1m on a later date? Anyways, I am hoping to get some 1m wisdom from the members here. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 07:05 AM   #2
lcrain
Captain
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, TT-RS

I think it would be much more cost effective to spend the extra money now on a loaded one than try to add it all. Dash would have to be ripped apart for the nav amongst other things that would have to change, I honestly don't think that is even a semi-viable or realistic route to go down.

I was in the same boat, kinda. I was too late to the party to order a new one so I was prowling the used market while entertaining other ideas. Thought about cpo m3 sedan, 135, s4, even a really nice used e46 m3. Glad I didn't settle. I got super lucky and found a loaded BSM in my city with less than 3k miles for a reasonable price. People are still gouging prices out there so you may have to pay a ton for a 1m unfortunately. Whether that is worth it to you is something only you can decide. 135 was tempting but I would have spent a bunch of money trying to make it feel like a 1m at the end of the day. That, and it would cost a bunch of money to add pieces like the fender flares. Also with a new 135 you get the n55 vs. the n54 in the 1m.

Good luck with your hunt. Be patient and something will pop up.

Also, any reason why you posted in the wheel/tire section? Moderators may want to move this to the general 1m section.

Last edited by lcrain; 04-02-2012 at 07:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
R3DL1N3
Enlisted Member
Rep

Whoops. No I did it on the app and I must have put it in the wrong section. Please move it!

Thanks for the reply. Yea I'm worried that is the case and trying to find one is going to be nightmarish to say the least. Congrats on your find though. Like I said, in Canada they seem to that much harder to find. I'm really only interested in the AW or BSM colours at this point.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #4
R3DL1N3
Enlisted Member
Rep

Mods my apologies. Can you please move this topic to the appropriate area? Thanks.
Appreciate 0