E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Dashboard Vibrating Noise

04-18-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
IanBuey1
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d es 2008

Dashboard Vibrating Noise

Hi there everyone.I've got a 2008 BMW 320d es.I'm exxperiencing a vibrating/rattling noise coming from the centre of the dashboard when The engine is running and I am stationary.Its goes away when I'm mobile but re-appears when the car stops at traffic lights etc.
I would be grateful if anyone could help or give me some advice on this problem.Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #2
DaanBMW
Captain
Romania
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanBuey1 View Post
Hi there everyone.I've got a 2008 BMW 320d es.I'm exxperiencing a vibrating/rattling noise coming from the centre of the dashboard when The engine is running and I am stationary.Its goes away when I'm mobile but re-appears when the car stops at traffic lights etc.
I would be grateful if anyone could help or give me some advice on this problem.Thanks
How do you know where it's coming from ? Sound travels very unexpectedly inside a car. Unless you use a hose (or similar) attached to you ear to isolate the sound to a particular area, you can be wrong. I have a noise coming from the right side of the vehicle on rougher roads, and it's the garage door opener above my head on the sunvisor.

Once you can be sure of the origin of the noise usually you find the culprit.
. BMW Perf: v2 springs + v1 dampers. Valeo SMFW+clutch. 034 MotorSport engine mounts
. Short Shifter + Turner PU bearing + ZHP M weighted shift knob. CDV delete
Appreciate 0