E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Manuals, Invoice/MSRP Pricing, Buying Guides, Bulletins, etc. > Looking to purchase a '08-'09 but need pricing advise

05-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
hasta la pasta 27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Chevy Silverado

Looking to purchase a '08-'09 but need pricing advise

Hey everyone,

new to the forums heren but currently in the process of buying an 08-09 335i coupe. I would like one with navigation at the minimum. Looking for manual. I know the difference in the navigation shortcuts in the 09's are a big deal but what should i pay for an 08 or 09 335i coupe (manual) with less than 40k miles? Reason i ask is because my best friends cousin owns a dealer and buys from manheim auctions. Please help me out here; i dont want to getr ripped off.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 08:49 AM   #2
berr3555
Rep
Drives: Honda

hard to tell

I've been looking for the same thing, manual with navigation. So far I've found two that were interesting. Both of them were 2007 models, one was 24.5k and the other 22k. They were both from establish Toyota dealers, in small cities. They both were bought within days of being posted, so if you find a good deal you need to go for it. As for Manheim you need to understand that usually the BMW dealers dump these cars at auctions. You can get a great deal but there is a risk involved. You might save a few thousand $$ but again is a risky move. In my opinion is a better move to pay the extra money and have the car throughly inspected before buying. As for the original question you can get a 2008-09 from an used car dealer at around 27k with lots of patience. From a BMW dealer around 30k. Remeber not to shy away from low balling the heck out of them, good luck.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 04:09 PM   #3
cavm335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i GC MPPSK

Get the 09! I have an 07 with nav and everytime I get a loaner i'm reminded how much better the LCI software is. Plus they fixed a LOT of issues the 07/08s had. Would highly recommend getting CPO from a dealer also. I've put about 7k on my CPO warranty in new turbos (wastegate rattle) and a failed control module between 50k and 55k
Appreciate 0