E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Bimmian M3 Rep Front Bumper

06-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
D's Bimmer
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340 Xi

Bimmian M3 Rep Front Bumper

Hi,

I am looking for feedback. Has anyone purchased the M3 style front bumer from Bimmian.com?
      06-04-2012, 04:09 PM   #2
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Bimmer View Post
Hi,

I am looking for feedback. Has anyone purchased the M3 style front bumer from Bimmian.com?
All the vendors get the bumper from the same supplier. That particular rep fits quite good for an aftermarket piece, and you can put the OEM M3 air sucts to delete the fogs if you want. I don't have it but have seen it in person.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
gonzoc0ding
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Coupe

Woah, 399 for that bumper? Why so cheap compared to everyone else? Does this come with everything you need to install start to finish? If so I'm definitely getting one tonight...
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #4
D's Bimmer
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzoc0ding View Post
Woah, 399 for that bumper? Why so cheap compared to everyone else? Does this come with everything you need to install start to finish? If so I'm definitely getting one tonight...
I spoke with them earlier today. It does come with all hardware and does not require any retrofitting. It does need to be primed and then painted. I have dealt with them before and trust their opinion as they back it up with a no hassle return policy.
      06-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
D's Bimmer
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
All the vendors get the bumper from the same supplier. That particular rep fits quite good for an aftermarket piece, and you can put the OEM M3 air sucts to delete the fogs if you want. I don't have it but have seen it in person.
Thanks. In speaking with them about fitment, they say that there have not been any issues but I am mindful that it is not OEM. Having said that, it is a great value. I have seen the same bumper at two other venders for a couple of hundred more. I agree that there are only a couple of manufactor's that even buys from so price is competition I say!
      06-04-2012, 04:37 PM   #6
D's Bimmer
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. In speaking with them about fitment, they say that there have not been any issues but I am mindful that it is not OEM. Having said that, it is a great value. I have seen the same bumper at two other venders for a couple of hundred more. I agree that there are only a couple of manufactor's that even buys from so price is competition I say!
Now I just need a reputable place to get the rear bumper. I think I will go with the M-Tech rep as the M3 rear is a little too aggressive for my liking. In speaking with Bimmian, they do not have access to any rear bumpers at this time.

Any suggestions would be welcome.
      06-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #7
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
The price is great no doubt, actually one of the best I have seen for that bumper. Like I said, when I saw the bumper in person I couldn't see any apparent gaps or issues, so u should be ok. Remember though it still isnt OEM, there is always a chance for issues
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #8
gonzoc0ding
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Coupe

Argh, if only this fit LCI e92s with PDC...
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #9
Im8Up
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

I purchased my m3 rep from **********s and the body shop is having issues today with the reinforcement bar not letting the bumper fit correctly. I haven't been to the shop yet to see for myself as they are an hour away. Has anyone had or seen this issue before? On a positive note they say the bumper looks great! :-)
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #10
Motastic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335!

did they remove the oil cooler and brake duct
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #11
armani12
Peruanito
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' AW 335i coupe

air ducts need to be removed

I have the e92, and I did the installation myself. The air ducts get in the way, so your shop needs to take them off and replace them with real M3's as far as I heard (mine has no air ducts and so far nothing has gone wrong. I installed my rear bumper , side skirts, and the m3 rep front bumper, and the last one is a pain. I first place the four (and only) torx screws on top of the kidney grill, but I didn't tighten up completely because I only used them to hold the bumper to the car so I can adjust the other 4 screws (2 in each side which can only be seen/inserted when you pull the lining of the fender) that go to the sides of the headlights, and these screws are a big big pain, but in my opinion these have to be adjusted first because they need to go tight and exact for the best possible fitment. These are some pics of my bumper... sorry I don't have that many pics of the front only

I never removed any oil coolers btw.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #12
Im8Up
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motastic View Post
did they remove the oil cooler and brake duct
They didn't remove them, they ended up trimming them up. They said all that fitted up fine just something that the bumper wouldn't fit up on the carrier bar. Someone told me they may not be using enough force to get it on. I haven't seen either piece as I had the bumper shipped straight to the shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armani12 View Post
I have the e92, and I did the installation myself. The air ducts get in the way, so your shop needs to take them off and replace them with real M3's as far as I heard (mine has no air ducts and so far nothing has gone wrong. I installed my rear bumper , side skirts, and the m3 rep front bumper, and the last one is a pain. I first place the four (and only) torx screws on top of the kidney grill, but I didn't tighten up completely because I only used them to hold the bumper to the car so I can adjust the other 4 screws (2 in each side which can only be seen/inserted when you pull the lining of the fender) that go to the sides of the headlights, and these screws are a big big pain, but in my opinion these have to be adjusted first because they need to go tight and exact for the best possible fitment. These are some pics of my bumper... sorry I don't have that many pics of the front only

I never removed any oil coolers btw.
Your car looks great. I'm going to have to make the trek tomorrow to the shop to see whats up. Maybe I can take some pics to post. They've had the car for 2 weeks now and since then I've received a new coding cable, blacklines, led interior lighting, and mtec v3's all waiting to find a new home as soon as I get her back!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #13
nissan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP

fyi, there's a member on here which bought his m3 rep for the e90 for $400 shipped from ebay seller overstockautostore. He said the fitment was perfect and the shop had no issues. Just another option out there. I'll prbs go that route when I pull the trigger.
EDIT: Nvm, saw you have an '11. Not sure if it's the same price..above is for pre-lci E90's.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #14
Im8Up
Private
United_States
Rep

UPDATE: called the shop today before heading up there and he said they did something with a screw hole or something in the center of the bumper and it fitted perfectly. An extra week in the shop because of a little piece of plastic in the center! Not sure what, how, or why but they said it looked great. Pick it up tomorrow and will post some pics
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 10:51 PM   #15
D's Bimmer
Major
Canada
Rep

Look forward to seeing the pictures.

I ordered my M3 rep bumper from Bimmian today. I saw it on a car at their shop today. Fitment is mint. No ugly side markers and it is much leaner than the M-Sport. I also saw the carbon splitters for the M3 rep bumper that they sell. They are sweet. I will definitely be getting those as well.

For those still curious about the carbon fibre splitters that they sell for the stock lci bumper, I was really torn over which way to go. I put one of the splitters on my bumper while I was there. It looked and fit amazing!

Pictures to follow in a few weeks.
      06-08-2012, 02:07 AM   #16
yxjackxh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' F32 AW MSPORT

Quote:
Look forward to seeing the pictures.

I ordered my M3 rep bumper from Bimmian today. I saw it on a car at their shop today. Fitment is mint. No ugly side markers and it is much leaner than the M-Sport. I also saw the carbon splitters for the M3 rep bumper that they sell. They are sweet. I will definitely be getting those as well.

For those still curious about the carbon fibre splitters that they sell for the stock lci bumper, I was really torn over which way to go. I put one of the splitters on my bumper while I was there. It looked and fit amazing!

Pictures to follow in a few weeks.
Where are the carbon splitters for the m3 rep on the site?? cant find it =/
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 05:40 AM   #17
imageautodetail
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 335 silverback

Garage List
2008 335 e90  [0.00]
2007 e90 335  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im8UprU View Post
I purchased my m3 rep from **********s and the body shop is having issues today with the reinforcement bar not letting the bumper fit correctly. I haven't been to the shop yet to see for myself as they are an hour away. Has anyone had or seen this issue before? On a positive note they say the bumper looks great! :-)
there bumper is super easy to install if you are familiar with bmws, takes about 5 minutes with 2 people putting it on
      06-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #18
D's Bimmer
Major
Canada
Rep

Call and talk with Steve at Bimmian. He can send you pics.
      10-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #19
demontwinz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

how was the installation from bimmian, i am also interested , how did the installation and paint for you?

You had the bumper for 4 months now, do you like it? any issues?

thanks
Appreciate 0