E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Angelo Eyes LED DTEC H8 V2 WHITE

06-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
Pagnotti2112
Rep
Drives: e81

Arrow Angelo Eyes LED DTEC H8 V2 WHITE

Hi Guys,
I've found on e92 lightning this new product:
http://www.e92-lighting.com/products...E-1072-20.html

What do you think about those? Probably the're better than LUX or BMS 4 LED?
Anyone got those?
20w... is it too much? Are they dangerous for the angel eye housing?

This is an example pic:

But we can see them in the dark... In the dark all the LED are good, I'd like to watch a pic under the sun at 1-2pm!!

Let me know what do you think!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 04:40 PM   #2
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Derrick won't sell you anything that'll blow your car up- trust me he's a cool dude LOL...
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight_335 View Post
Derrick won't sell you anything that'll blow your car up- trust me he's a cool dude LOL...
Haha +1
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #4
Pagnotti2112
Rep

haha ok 'cmon!
Someone tried those? They seems very very bright!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 02:24 AM   #5
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
It's total 20w, so 10w each bulb, same shit as anything else lol.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #6
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
It's total 20w, so 10w each bulb, same shit as anything else lol.
Wattage has absolutely no impact on how bright they are. If its a poor design then it will be dim, or if the LED is not efficent it will be dim. Also if they are using a poor electronics they might be using a resistor to waste power away, just to claim they are 10 or 20 watt. The real determination is how many Lumen these kits produce. Most vendors wont say because they would be ashamed to say how bright they are
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #7
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
Wattage has absolutely no impact on how bright they are. If its a poor design then it will be dim, or if the LED is not efficent it will be dim. Also if they are using a poor electronics they might be using a resistor to waste power away, just to claim they are 10 or 20 watt. The real determination is how many Lumen these kits produce. Most vendors wont say because they would be ashamed to say how bright they are
Yes I know, I was just refering to all these new lux imitations, they're all the same thing, regardless of what name you sell them under, or what coloured box you put them in. I even know how to get them wholesale in a customized housing or box with rebranding haha.
This specific set is using the 20watts to trap unsuspecting buyers into thinking by doubling the wattage they have doubled the output, realistically it's those same angel eyes, but they just advertised the total watts instead of per angel eye, because they know that people automatically think WATTS = brightness.

Similar to how car audio manufacturers advertise 100000 WATTS because they know the average customer will assume watts = performance.

When I was searching for reverse LED's I often saw XX watts as the key marketing/selling point, it was annoying. I finally got access to the output info in lumens and quickly noticed that one of the middle ranged LED's was putting out greatest light. Bought it, tested it out, and low and behold it was much brighter than the other LED set I had with 50% more wattage.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #8
Pagnotti2112
Rep

Thanks to all for the explanation!
Those are presented as the brighter than all, I assume they're at least like the lux (the design is similar, but I don't think they're with the same quality)...
those seems to be interesting, but i'd like to see a picture with daylight with direct sun to compare them... In the dark they seems to be like the Alpine HID's
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 04:01 AM   #9
Bloody_diamond
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E9x

I bought bms , they look great at dawn and at nght, in broght day they areinvisible just like rest of led ae
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #10
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody_diamond View Post
I bought bms , they look great at dawn and at nght, in broght day they areinvisible just like rest of led ae
Time up go it right and get a set of the LUX H8 V3 angel eyes. if you are in the UK you can contact sales@Cartronics.co.uk, they are our authorized reseller there.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #11
Bloody_diamond
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E9x

Sorry but no thanks, my friend have lux and for that price i prefer to go with hid for my angels.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #12
Pagnotti2112
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody_diamond View Post
At the moment I've the BMS like you. But at 1pm the're not so bright but very close to the LUX.

For this, i'm looking for something more bright for my e81
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #13
Pagnotti2112
Rep

Quote:
Time up go it right and get a set of the LUX H8 V3 angel eyes. if you are in the UK you can contact sales@Cartronics.co.uk, they are our authorized reseller there.
One question for you: is it possible to improve again your LUX (they already have a great quality but IMO not enough bright!)? Maybe in the V4 if you can make them more bright, they will be the TOP solution.
I know that the problem is the design of the lights, but if you can canalize more light to the external ring (more lumen?) you'll have the PERFECT product. No problem if the internal ring will be more visible, but the key (this is a personal advice!) is getting more light to the external (Alpine HID's style) so it can be perfectly visible during a sunny day.

I don't know if this can be done, I'm not an expert, but let me know what do you think about it!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #14
jwong77
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagnotti2112
Quote:
One question for you: is it possible to improve again your LUX (they already have a great quality but IMO not enough bright!)? Maybe in the V4 if you can make them more bright, they will be the TOP solution.
I know that the problem is the design of the lights, but if you can canalize more light to the external ring (more lumen?) you'll have the PERFECT product. No problem if the internal ring will be more visible, but the key (this is a personal advice!) is getting more light to the external (Alpine HID's style) so it can be perfectly visible during a sunny day.

I don't know if this can be done, I'm not an expert, but let me know what do you think about it!
I would do an upgrade if this happened.
      06-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #15
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagnotti2112 View Post

Well our LUX H8 V3 angel eyes are still the current product that we have to offer and it is still the brightest product on the market. Thank you for the suggestion!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #16
electricjet
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 & F25

Garage List
.. don't get fooled mate ... LUXH8 ... the only one! ... give marc a call
Attached Images

06-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #17
Shahdog
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i mSport Sedan E90 N55

Garage List
2011 335i  [8.66]
Quote:

Very interesting

.... Lumens

What is your lux h8 lumens at?
Lux H8 , HID Fog lights 5k
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #18
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Quote: