F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > iPod does not connect
proTUNING Freaks

06-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
rwrwrwrw
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

Garage List
2016 M235i  [0.00]
iPod does not connect

Sorry to start another post on this topic, but I am totally frustrated and I have read all the posts regarding this topic and I still can figure it out.

I have iPod Nano 4gb. I have F30 with nav, extended BT and BMW Assist. When I plug the iPod into USB in armrest it just says do not disconnect and nothing actually connects to my media sources in iDrive. I drove around for 30 min and nothing actually connects. It plays directly though aux of course but I want to be able to control it through iDrive. Again my understanding with all the options I purchased that all I needed was the Apple USB connector to change control and connect to car. By the way my iPhone 4 works fine with the same cable. Stumped?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
rwrwrwrw
Private
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 M235i  [0.00]
Screw it, I created a thumb drive of my iTunes collection folders and it works like a charm with Album Art. Just leave it in armrest USB. Connect my iPhone via bluetooth....done. Now BMW and Apple please add Office capability as my investment in all this technology is running close to worthless. I feel like a bought a $50k KIA.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #3
rwrwrwrw
Private
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 M235i  [0.00]
FYI, iPod Nano 2nd gen does not work in my USB armrest. BMW Canada says 4th gen or newer.
Appreciate 0