M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

06-19-2012, 09:52 PM   #1
i3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 650i Vert

Amount of time to receive a production number for ED

For those of you who are doing an ED, how long did it take from the time your CA submitted the ED until you got your production number? My CA submitted the order and said he should get a confirmation from BMW the next day. He never received anything and it's been about two business days. I'm concerned about the time because I need to extend my current lease and from what I've been told I need a production number on the new car to do this.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 10:09 PM   #2
cmhsam
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by i3 View Post
For those of you who are doing an ED, how long did it take from the time your CA submitted the ED until you got your production number? My CA submitted the order and said he should get a confirmation from BMW the next day. He never received anything and it's been about two business days. I'm concerned about the time because I need to extend my current lease and from what I've been told I need a production number on the new car to do this.
I had my production number within 72 hours of my dealer placing the order. I also have another friend of mine doing ED and placed his order 24 hours after me, 2nd at our dealer I was 1st, and he got his production number but has yet to receive the email from BMW confirming his pickup date of 9/1. The CA can see in his system that BMW has assigned a production number and scheduled pickup date of 9/1. Our CA told him that BMW is backed up on workload due to the extensive amount of ED pickups across the board.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 07:05 AM   #3
AGS
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Quote:
For those of you who are doing an ED, how long did it take from the time your CA submitted the ED until you got your production number? My CA submitted the order and said he should get a confirmation from BMW the next day. He never received anything and it's been about two business days.
It takes 3 to 4 business days. Don't worry, you should have it by the end of the week.

Quote:
I'm concerned about the time because I need to extend my current lease and from what I've been told I need a production number on the new car to do this.
As you may know, BMW FS will extend a lease up to 6 months if you're waiting on a new BMW order. You don't need a production number to extend for the first two months. Just call BMW FS and request the extension. That's what I did with no problem. However, to go beyond the first 2 months you will need the production number.
Appreciate 0