E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Is It Possible To Make The 2 Rings [Angel Eyes] On The E92/E93 The Same Brightness??

07-16-2007, 02:46 PM   #1
xxballinboi786
Captain
Rep
Drives: Lamborghini

Is It Possible To Make The 2 Rings [Angel Eyes] On The E92/E93 The Same Brightness??

is it possible?? i searched and came up with threads comparing our angel eyes with lux but i didnt find any that said whether it was possible to make our two rings the same brightness...i remember someone asking a while back but i dont recall whether the question was answered or not...
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2007, 02:48 PM   #2
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

From what I've gathered, no. I think one is lighter because the light reflection is further out.
      07-16-2007, 03:20 PM   #3
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Switch out the halogen bulbs for H8 HID bulbs, like MTEC H8 Super White HID bulbs...it's an easy, inexpensive DIY mod (takes about 15 min. and cost ~ $30 for a pair) and provides brighter, whiter angel eye (halo rings) lights more closely matched to your Xenon HID headlights. Do a search for "Angel Eye" mod or search in the cosmetic modifications section as there are several threads about this DIY mod.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2007, 03:23 PM   #4
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

that's not what he is asking, he wants to know if you can make the two rings glow the same brightness, I don't think it's possible due to the way the reflector is set up, I think the inner ring is always going to glow brighter than the outer one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
Switch out the halogen bulbs for H8 HID bulbs, like MTEC H8 Super White HID bulbs...it's an easy, inexpensive DIY mod (takes about 15 min. and cost ~ $30 for a pair) and provides brighter, whiter angel eye (halo rings) lights more closely matched to your Xenon HID headlights. Do a search for "Angel Eye" mod or search in the cosmetic modifications section as there are several threads about this DIY mod.
      07-16-2007, 03:28 PM   #5
Soni
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Just a car

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion View Post
that's not what he is asking, he wants to know if you can make the two rings glow the same brightness, I don't think it's possible due to the way the reflector is set up, I think the inner ring is always going to glow brighter than the outer one.
+1
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2007, 03:31 PM   #6
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
This is the one time I'm glad I have the e90.

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2007, 03:36 PM   #7
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion View Post
Oh, ok...sorry. Hmmm...didn't know they don't shine at the same brightness. Thanks. Anyway, mine both look very bright b/c of my MTEC Super White HID bulbs...they seem like they're both at similar brightness anyhow.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2007, 07:38 PM   #8
Shazmonkee
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

Garage List
hahaha well jlevi is giving me a vision of their new angel eye product that they're trying to test out as a even brightness on all four rings and whatnot. I'm pretty excited. I suppose I don't have to regret too much about not having an e90 now :P
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2007, 09:39 PM   #9
xxballinboi786
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazmonkee View Post
hahaha well jlevi is giving me a vision of their new angel eye product that they're trying to test out as a even brightness on all four rings and whatnot. I'm pretty excited. I suppose I don't have to regret too much about not having an e90 now :P
i hope you're right...i just wasted another $30 on GP Thunders and ive only installed one and left the other one as the MTEC super white that i previously had...you honestly cannot tell the difference...at all...i knew the difference would subtle but come on...and the only 2 things i dislike about the headlights are the difference in brightness and the yellow turn signals, one which has been taken care of, and the other which still needs to be...any more info shazmonkee??

p.s. do you have the 8500K on your car??
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2007, 09:53 PM   #10
JTJ
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Sapphire Black 335i

^ So ur saying that the brightness issue has been taken care of? Just asking because i have seen alot of people post that the aftermarket bulbs are much dimmer. Also i haven't heard of a working replacement bulb for the turn signal on the e92. So could you clear up what you mean ( i'm doing some headlight mods also).
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2007, 10:14 PM   #11
xxballinboi786
Captain
Rep

lol sorry...the brightness issue hasnt been taken care of, but the corner light delete has...i believe theres a thread with a video showing it...i just saw jlevis thread about the predator ice for the E92 so i hope some pics are released within the next few days!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2007, 01:19 AM   #12
Shazmonkee
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxballinboi786 View Post
i hope you're right...i just wasted another $30 on GP Thunders and ive only installed one and left the other one as the MTEC super white that i previously had...you honestly cannot tell the difference...at all...i knew the difference would subtle but come on...and the only 2 things i dislike about the headlights are the difference in brightness and the yellow turn signals, one which has been taken care of, and the other which still needs to be...any more info shazmonkee??

p.s. do you have the 8500K on your car??
Well I can't say that the AEs that jlevi came out with for the e92 will fix the equal brightness problem, because they're just advertising the e90 right now, but they are definitely looking for a e92 test car in norcal. I would assume it would be though, only because well 1. Apparently umnitza made it, haha, and 2. I'm sure they know that the e92's major problem is that the brightness is uneven on the rings. But iono, it's just my assumption for the new product jlevi is coming out with. Maybe they'll put some input on this, but for now, this is how i see it lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
^ So ur saying that the brightness issue has been taken care of? Just asking because i have seen alot of people post that the aftermarket bulbs are much dimmer. Also i haven't heard of a working replacement bulb for the turn signal on the e92. So could you clear up what you mean ( i'm doing some headlight mods also).
So once again, I can't confidently say so.. Here.. Jlevi's thread on the new e90 angel eyes and a request for a test car on the e92.. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72208

I've given up on the turn signal for the e92, btw... lol it's been a while since i looked into it

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxballinboi786 View Post
lol sorry...the brightness issue hasnt been taken care of, but the corner light delete has...i believe theres a thread with a video showing it...i just saw jlevis thread about the predator ice for the E92 so i hope some pics are released within the next few days!
lol +1
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 12:29 AM   #13
E60orBust
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: "The Brothers //M-Sport" E90/2

Plasti-cote?

I'm not sure what the stuff is called, but you guys know the plastic-dip mechanics drop their tool handles in to give a plastic coat after the liquid dries?

It "looks" like the problem with the outter ring is too much light is being lost "in the tube" before it gets to the loop ring. I don't have an E92 (yet), hence the "looks like" part, but I'm guessing if you blacked out, covered or otherwise prevented that light output from being lost in transit then the outer ring should be as bright as the core containing the actual bulb. Sort of like someone punching a bunch of holes in your garden hose. Not a lot of water is going to make it you your sprinkler head.

Stick a rag in there (to prevent dripping) and paint some plasti-cote around the tube. If all else fails the stuff should peel off if you need to remove it. Since the tube just carries light, it shouldn't get "that hot".

See this post for some internal pictures and you'll see what I mean.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=103

Any takers?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 09:14 PM   #14
E92_335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

like mine? http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...09#post1803509 pretty damn close! haha
      12-10-2007, 09:37 PM   #15
mds82
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Garage List
i'm working on a solution currently.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 09:55 PM   #16
PIMPIN THE E92
Lieutenant
Rep