E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > E92-Lighting: Misleading Product Descriptions & Counterfeit Philips

08-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
georgelb
nsomneeak
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 RB 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [8.00]
E92-Lighting: Misleading Product Descriptions & Counterfeit Philips

OK, so this is a bit long, but it relates to the customer service, and the products.

So I sent a PM to e92-Lighting last Thursday (8/2) asking for some info, as one of my headlights had turned purple and was on its way out. I'd ordered painted reflector from them back in March with no issues.

After a bit of back and forth I ordered new bulbs that evening, along with some DTEC H8 Ambers, as he said they wouldn't cut out in high heat like my LUX, some corner bulbs and new fog bulbs. I then sent an email via their site, as well as a PM here, to let them know which type of D1S bulb I wanted (5k or 6k)

I received an email Saturday afternoon (8/4), in response to my email from Thursday, asking if I was sure of my choice of 5k, and suggesting 6k instead because 98% of their customers had ordered that one and been happy. I said it was fine to use 6k if they weren't too blue. I received no reply.

Saturday night my headlight went completely dead.

On Monday (8/6) I checked the order status and it still showed as in process, so I imitated a chat via their website and let them know my headlight finally went out on Saturday and I was wondering when I might receive the order. I was advised the order would ship out that day and I'd have it in about 2 business days.

On Wednesday (8/8) I checked the order status again, looking for a tracking number of some sort, and it still showed as in process. So, I again initiated a chat and waited in queue, with my initial message stating my order number and asking for the order/shipping status, as the order still showed as in process.

After waiting in queue for a few minutes I was kicked out of queue and was advised that all reps were offline. At that point I called the phone number on their site and it was just a voice mail message stating to send an email. I chose not to send an email, as the last one took 2.5 days to get a reply on. I checked the order status again at this point, and it had changed to completed, which means someone read my message, chose not to speak with me, then just changed the status of the order...which is quite rude and a bit shady.

I received an email a few minutes later indicating that the order had been completed. So, I initiated another chat, as they were now back online. My initial message was asking for the status of the order again, and for a tracking number. I was advised that the order had already been shipped to me and they would find it and email it to me, as it was on a different database...OK.

At this point I was a bit upset/concerned, and started doing some searches. I found a handful of bad reviews, customer service wise, and some reviews about fake product. Great.

I started a chat 5 hours later, with the initial message stating my order number and that I was still waiting for the tracking number. All operators went offline after a couple of minutes in the chat queue.

I started a chat again a few minutes later, because they were back online again, with the same inquiry. All operators went offline after a couple of minutes. So, I sent the question via their email form.

I received an email about an hour later with a tracking number that USPS didn't recognize which, for a package that was supposedly shipped two days ago, is strange.

Yesterday, Thursday (8/9) the tracking number is working, and says electronic shipping info received 8/9. "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 09, 2012 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

So, I sent them an email advising the tracking number indicates the package hasn't shipped yet, and asking if it shipped on Monday (8/6) or not. I didn't receive a reply.

Today, Friday (8/10) I received the package (the label showed a print date of 8/8); however, there were some issues.

1) The HID bulbs they sent me aren't Philips D1S bulbs...they are a knockoff made in Taiwan product and do not match the image on the product page.
http://www.e92-lighting.com/products...0K-670-24.html

I'm pretty sure I know what his reply to me on this issue will be, and that I'll just have to trust in PayPal; the product page states "This is for a set of 2 Philips Ultinon Xenon Burners" which means he knows he is selling fake items, and is misleading those who don't understand that this means the image pictured isn't representative of what you'll receive.

Product page image, suggestion this is what you're buying

Product page disclaimer, meaningless to those of us who don't know what this truly means when placing an order.

2) The DTEC H8 LED bulbs they sent me indicate that the control units must be mounted outside the headlight housing, which, again, doesn't match the information on the product page.
http://www.e92-lighting.com/products...ER-919-20.html

Product Description

Product Manual

I've initiated a PayPal claim and emailed the vendor; this thread is just a head's up to the community. I saw a few similar threads on this vendor when I started looking on Wednesday, after I started having issues.

I had ordered painted reflectors from them back in March and had no issues with that order, so I was hoping the products would be fine when they arrived...sadly, that wasn't the case.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
georgelb
nsomneeak
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [8.00]
The vendor has replied and offered a full refund, so I will be shipping all of the products back to them tomorrow, at my expense, which is what I advised that I'd like to happen. They also asked me to edit the above post, since the issue has been rectified. I let them know I would post their refund offer, but wouldn't be removing/editing the post, as it wasn't posted with the intent of receiving a refund; instead, it was posted with the intent to educate the community on what they will be getting if they order these particular products, and to set customer service expectations.

I have worked in the customer service field, in retail, telephone support, and web based support, as a rep, an agent, a lead, a supervisor, a manager, a quality assurance coach, etc, and now that I'm in IT the individuals in the aforementioned roles are my customers, and they're treated as such.

I am just floored with the above experience and can tell you that my increasingly constant and urgent contact attempts are not out of line, in the least, and the intent of the above post, as indicated, is to educate the community and set expectations. This thread will not be removed/edited unless it is done by the admins; the community has a right to know who they're doing business with.

Last edited by georgelb; 08-10-2012 at 09:30 PM.. Reason: Inability to spell the word "offer" correctly.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 04:41 AM   #3
r9ndy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 05 545i

Thanks for the heads up! I was going to purchase some philips 6000k from them a few months back, but I decided to go with http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_907wt_1161

They are indeed OEM philips 6000k. Check them out if your still in the market for some.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 07:45 AM   #4
georgelb
nsomneeak
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [8.00]
Thanks r9ndy. I ordered some Osram bulbs from highperfromancebulbs.com on Friday (8/10), the same day I posted the above, and received them on Monday (8/12) in perfect, and legit, condition.

I'm still working with E92-Lighting for the refund on the above; they received the return shipment from me on Monday (8/12) as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #5
georgelb
nsomneeak
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [8.00]
Just an update on this. I sent these items back last Saturday (8/11) and sent them the tracking information, advising of the shipping cost, since they said they'd pay it, and of the estimated delivery date, (8/13 or 8/14).

They said they'd notify me on one of those days, when the package arrived. The package arrived around noon on 8/13, so I followed up early evening on 8/14 to confirm they'd received it; I received no reply.

The next day, last Wednesday (8/15), the PayPal dispute was closed and the full refund was processed. I still haven't heard back from E92-Lighting, and they didn't include the shipping cost they said, numerous times, they'd pick up. I wasn't initially looking for them to pay that though, it's just something they offered, so that's fine; I'm just glad to be done with this.

In other news:

The product page for the 5000K/6000K bulbs I purchased has been removed; however, the page for the 6700K/8500K is still up and looks to follow the exact same description as the ones I purchased, showing a Phillips product, but stating that you're buying Phillips burners.
http://www.e92-lighting.com/products...0K-671-24.html

The DTEC amber angel eyes also still indicate that the power supply mounts within the headlight assembly. You can see in the email thread below that they tried to tell me to just stuff them in the headlight assembly, because they will fit; however, the manual states that they should be mounted outside the headlight assembly so as not to damage them, not because they won't fit.

I will never buy anything from them again, and will try to educate others on their practices, until they change them.

Here are our email exchanges; this excludes anything posted in their chat system.

Code:
-----------------
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 4:35 PM
To: E92-Lighting
Subject: RE: e92-lighting tracking

I show this arrived yesterday around noon; can you please confirm?

Thanks,
George

-----------------
Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2012 8:19 PM
To: George Belton

ok, thanks, we will notify you on Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Best Regards

-----------------
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 14:21:51 -0500

All of these items have been shipped back, with $353 of insurance, at a cost of $22.15; the tracking number is 03120860000190735863, and the package should be there Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks,
George

-----------------
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2012 10:13 PM

Hi,

ok, i am sorry about everything, there is no need to send anymore emails, please send everything back for a full refund including shipping. we should have updated the manual, so its our fault.

i want to make this right with you, but it doesnt seem to be working, have a great weekend and please us let know the tracking later. 

thank you

-----------------
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 22:06:41 -0500

The manual that ships with the product indicates that the units should be mounted outside of the headlight housing so that they aren't damaged due to heat, not because they don't fit. I will gladly post this entire email thread in the e90post thread though.

Thanks,
George

-----------------
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2012 9:59 PM

Hi,

thats okay, can you please remove this part from your review then as its not a true statement, we even offered you to keep the DTEC V2's for free.
again, the extra control units are not necessary for install, so the DTEC V2's will Mount inside the headlight housing, if you dont believe me, you can install it and see if it mounts inside or outside, it will only need the main resistor for install and nothing else.

2) The DTEC H8 LED bulbs they sent me indicate that the control units must be mounted outside the headlight housing, which, again, doesn't match the information on the product page.

Product Description

picture

Product Manual

Best Regards

-----------------
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 21:53:30 -0500

I appreciate that on the shipping; I simply don't want to keep any of the products. And no, there is no way to make this right. The product page for the D1S bulbs was clearly intentionally misleading and I want nothing further to do with your company after the products have been returned and the refund has been processed.

Thanks,
George

-----------------
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2012 9:47 PM

Hi,

we can go ahead and give you a full refund including shipping.

however, we want to work this out with you however, you did not reply to us.

the extra control unit is not needed for install, if you dont believe us, you can try to install it as it Without the extra control unit, it will work perfectly fine or you can keep the item for Free.

you can also keep the fog lights and cornering lights Free on us.

can you give us a chance to make this right or is your intent not on doing that?

Best Regards

-----------------
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 21:39:25 -0500

All items will be returned tomorrow, at my cost, and all I'm asking for is the full refund of $352.55 USD. 

Thanks,
George

-----------------
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2012 9:28 PM

Hi,

ok, here is what i can do, i want to make this right.

i just want to clarify one thing.

"2) The DTEC H8 LED bulbs they sent me indicate that the control units must be mounted outside the headlight housing, which, again, doesn't match the information on the product page."

you actually dont need the second extra control unit, it was for the very first batch only, if you dont believe me, install it without the second extra control and see that it will turn on, if it doesnt work, you can keep the item for free, i think that is fair.

second, you can keep the fog lights bulbs in addition to cornering light bulbs for free on us.

and you will be given a full refund on everything else you send back, i think this is more than fair and we want to work this out, but please give us at least 12 hours so we can see your email, as your first email was not even seen and a thread was already made. we want to work this out with you but please at least give us a chance.

Best Regards

-----------------
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 21:19:06 -0500

I will get this shipped back to you tomorrow and provide you the tracking information. I will also definitely update that post, indicating that you have offered a full refund; however, the thread wasn't posted with the intent to get a refund, it was posted to make the community of what is actually being sold if they order these bulbs, and to help set customer service expectations.

Thanks,
George

-----------------
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2012 7:54 PM

Hi,

send your whole order back to this address and you will be given a full refund

E92-Lighting.com
19745 Colima Road,1-551
Rowland Heights CA 91748

giving us about 5 hours only to look into your issue is clearly not enough time, you sent an email today and before we even saw it, you already wrote a review on E90post.com, you didnt even us a chance to look into your issue yet.. 5 hours is not enough time especially if we have many other customers to deal with.

since we already rectified your request, it would be great to edit this thread to reflect this change, i mean all you had to do was wait perhaps a business day or two and then we could get back to you, writing comments when we didnt even read your email doenst even give us opportunity.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=729808

Best Regards

-----------------
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2012 7:40 PM

Hi,

it would be great if you could at least give us at least 1-2 days or 24 hours to read your email, we didnt even get a chance to read this email and you already wrote a bad review, can you please at least give us a chance to read your email, its been less than 5 hours since this email?

you will get a full refund, just send back any items to the same address and it would be great if you gave us more than 5 hours to read your email.

if we didnt help you, you can go ahead and write anything you want on E90post, when in fact, we didnt even see your email yet and you didnt even give us a chance to make this right, but chose instead to write negative comments on us.

it would be great if you could at least edit the thread since we already rectified your issue by offering a full refund of purchase price.

thank you

-----------------
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2012 6:48 PM

Hi,

yes, this order already shipped in full to you with tracking via Usps.com

Best Regards

-----------------
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 15:40:01 -0500
To: George Belton, E92-Lighting

I received the package today; however, there are a few issues.

1) The HID bulbs you sent aren't Philips D1S bulbs...they are a knockoff made in Taiwan product and do not match the image on your product page. I have made a screen capture of the product page in question:
http://www.e92-lighting.com/products/PHILIPS_D1S_5000K_6000K-670-24.html

2) The H8 LED bulbs you sent me indicate that the control units must be mounted outside the headlight housing, which, again, doesn't match the information on your product page. I have made a screen capture of the product page in question:
http://www.e92-lighting.com/products/DTEC_H8_E92_M3_E90_M3_V2_AMBER-919-20.h
tml

I'd like a full refund on this order, and I will return everything at my expense; I will be initiating a reversal request on the full payment amount immediately. Please let me know where to send the product and any RMA number that might be required.

Thanks,
George

-----------------
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2012 1:09 PM

This tracking number is working now; however, it indicates the package hasn't shipped yet. Did this ship out on Monday or not?

Thanks,
George

-----------------
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 6:30 PM

Thanks, can you please verify that number though? USPS isn't able to track it.

-----------------
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 6:15 PM
Subject: e92-lighting tracking

Hi,

here is your tracking number.

via Usps.com

Best Regards

-----------------
Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2012 1:11 PM
Subject: RE: Sales Department Offline Message

So long as they aren't too blue and still have excellent visibility that would be perfectly fine with me; I appreciate the feedback. =)

Thanks,
George

-----------------
Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2012 1:07 PM
Subject: RE: Sales Department Offline Message

Hi,

actually we would highly recommend changing to Philips D1S 6k, as about 98% of our buyers have bought the 6k bulbs and have been happy with the longevity and color of the output.

please confirm.

Best Regards

-----------------
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 18:30:46 -0700
Subject: Sales Department Offline Message

A message was left for the Sales department at 18:30:46 on 2012-08-02 

Visitor left the following comments:
Hiya, I just wanted to let you know that I'd like the 5k D1S bulbs for order 7937.

Thanks,
George 

Referring URL: http://www.e92-lighting.com/index.php?p=order&order_id=34297
IP Address: 173.175.220.165 (cpe-173-175-220-165.tx.res.rr.com)
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #6
Elie335
ايلي ٣٣٥ هاهاها
St Pierre and Miquelon
Rep
Drives: Vorsteiner e92

wow, again e92-lighting ...