E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > E92 M Kit Questions

07-21-2007, 07:15 AM   #1
XxItzkenExX
Rep
Drives: 335i Alpine White

E92 M Kit Questions

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone in here know how much the M Kit will cost if I order straight from the dealership? Also, is there anything different from the kit in case of price, material, and style? between E92kits.com and/or straight from the dealership?

I plan to order the M kit but need more details before I do anything further. Please help, thanks! =)
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2007, 08:23 AM   #2
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

OEM M kit for E92 will cost around a grand for front bumper and rear bumper.

it is totally different than the E92kits, i think theirs are made of fiberglass, whereas OEM is made of ABS plastic.

E92kit front looks more like an M5 and not an M3

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2007, 08:27 AM   #3
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
The MTech kit from dealership is OEM for the E92. It is made of plastic. They kit comes with everything you will need, including wheel well liners, and new foglights. Price...I am not entirely sure as up to now, it was not readily available from US dealers. I believe this may be changing now. The E90 Mtech kit was $1250 just to give you an idea. I do not know how much more it will be for E92. There is one vendor here from Canada (MWDesign), that is able to get it for you, for sure, but it is a bit more pricey than what you would expect to get once avail in the US due to shipping/import etc. I am sure LongTran (forum member) will be able to get them, once they are avail here in the US. You may want to PM him, to see if he has anymore updated info.

The E92kits you are referring to are produced by an aftermarket company. They are not OEM. They are made of reinforced fiberglass. The kit comes with front, rear and side panels. They do not come standard with replacement foglights and there is no replacement wheel well liners. I think you may have to try to fit your stock ones, but I have not heard anyone comment of what they had to do in regards to this issue. The kit incorporated the M5 for the front and M6 for the sides skirts.

Hope this makes sense. Which one to get??? Depends on whether you like the look of one vs the other. And whether you care about materials they are made from...plastic from BMW vs Reinforced fiberglass from aftermarket company. Good luck bro.
      07-21-2007, 10:20 AM   #4
XxItzkenExX
Rep
Drives: 335i Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmd View Post
The MTech kit from dealership is OEM for the E92. It is made of plastic. They kit comes with everything you will need, including wheel well liners, and new foglights. Price...I am not entirely sure as up to now, it was not readily available from US dealers. I believe this may be changing now. The E90 Mtech kit was $1250 just to give you an idea. I do not know how much more it will be for E92. There is one vendor here from Canada (MWDesign), that is able to get it for you, for sure, but it is a bit more pricey than what you would expect to get once avail in the US due to shipping/import etc. I am sure LongTran (forum member) will be able to get them, once they are avail here in the US. You may want to PM him, to see if he has anymore updated info.

The E92kits you are referring to are produced by an aftermarket company. They are not OEM. They are made of reinforced fiberglass. The kit comes with front, rear and side panels. They do not come standard with replacement foglights and there is no replacement wheel well liners. I think you may have to try to fit your stock ones, but I have not heard anyone comment of what they had to do in regards to this issue. The kit incorporated the M5 for the front and M6 for the sides skirts.

Hope this makes sense. Which one to get??? Depends on whether you like the look of one vs the other. And whether you care about materials they are made from...plastic from BMW vs Reinforced fiberglass from aftermarket company. Good luck bro.

Thanks bro, that was well explainatory. That's what I was mistaken for is the MTech Kit and the M kit from E92kits. I guess the MTech Kit will look better once it hit the U.S. I think I will wait for that. Do you have any MTech Kit Images so I can see? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2007, 11:36 AM   #5
JIMD1709
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 328 Coupe Alpine White

I like the look of the kit from E92kits, but just like the M5, no foglights at all. I wonder if this throws an error since there is no foglights? Just curious. I want to wait for the Mtech front bumper, that way I can get rid of my side reflectors and holes for front license plate all in one shot. I Don't want the side skirts, and will want to buy an M3 lip spoiler.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2007, 11:38 AM   #6
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxItzkenExX View Post
Thanks bro, that was well explainatory. That's what I was mistaken for is the MTech Kit and the M kit from E92kits. I guess the MTech Kit will look better once it hit the U.S. I think I will wait for that. Do you have any MTech Kit Images so I can see? Thanks.

Sure....go here, plenty of pics...but lots of pages to sift through. PM Longtran and see if he has any updates as to ETA on US market.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ight=Mtech+e92