F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Questions on leasing
proTUNING Freaks

09-06-2012, 02:08 AM   #1
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Questions on leasing

I've not been involved with a personal lease before and have a couple of questions:

Do you have to pay the full deposit (eg £2K) as soon as you order the car? Even though there could be a couple of months lead time?

At the end of the lease period, can you purchase the car from the lease company? I assume it just goes off to auction?

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 03:12 AM   #2
TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6

No, you don't pay the deposit as soon as your order the car - but it will be before the car arrives, perhaps 4 weeks.

as to the ability to purchase the car, this is something i may want to do too - but it is really down to the leasing company at the time. Will they give you a fair price and sometimes there are rules about not selling it back to the person that leased it (but that could be for company leases).

You got a good deal you are looking at then mate?
      09-06-2012, 04:43 AM   #3
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep

yeah, looking at this one:

http://www.centralukvehicleleasing.c...step_auto.html

someone posted in another thread. Just rang them up but because the deal has been running a while, I dont think I'll be able to spec the options I actually want . They are going to email through what is available anyway.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 04:45 AM   #4
morellomax
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i xDrive convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
someone posted in another thread.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 05:38 AM   #5
TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
yeah, looking at this one:

http://www.centralukvehicleleasing.c...step_auto.html

someone posted in another thread. Just rang them up but because the deal has been running a while, I dont think I'll be able to spec the options I actually want . They are going to email through what is available anyway.
yeah this is the BMW special deal 330d price...so don't think there is much allocation left.

Have you tried Solent again, they sent out a mail saying they had a few left too....

....goto admit mate I am having second thoughts about my order....so may be asking you to see if you want to take the lease on (to avoid cancellation fee)!
      09-06-2012, 05:49 AM   #6
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep

Yes, I also got the email from Solent. They said a couple of weeks ago that they had very limited spec models too.

Why do you want to cancel yours? Is it because the new media idrive thing? I'm actually not looking for any media pack - its way overpriced for me and I'm happy with the Tomtom for the places to need to go to. I've never had it - so dont miss it
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #7
Adman Mike
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M Sport

In my experience you don't have to pay the 3/6 months until the car arrives, but you might have to pay an admin fee to the lease company (£100 - £200) when you order.

Also the finance company will sell you the car at the end of the lease, not the lease company as they are just agents, but don't expect any special favours - one of the biggest (Lex) charges around £2k over book price!

Watch out for some of these special deals, often they're not that special once you start adding in options such as service and over-mileage charges.

I would recommend www.yourfleet.co.uk - the guy to deal with is Alex Ling.
      09-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #8
TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Why do you want to cancel yours? Is it because the new media idrive thing? I'm actually not looking for any media pack - its way overpriced for me and I'm happy with the Tomtom for the places to need to go to. I've never had it - so dont miss it
Just thinking the F30 isn't going to be exciting enough, it sits too high, has a daft stick out screen, its not as sharp as a e90, not as plush the a 5er, not keen on the black interior (but i refused to pay for an individual colour), still has a slush box when a wanted a DCT, not a 7.5k screaming banshee 335i / v8 petrol.....just second thoughts and hopefully me being daft
      09-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #9
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xD

I've contacted solvent three times in the last week and they've ignored me. Crap company tbh.
      09-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #10
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
Just thinking the F30 isn't going to be exciting enough, it sits too high, has a daft stick out screen, its not as sharp as a e90, not as plush the a 5er, not keen on the black interior (but i refused to pay for an individual colour), still has a slush box when a wanted a DCT, not a 7.5k screaming banshee 335i / v8 petrol.....just second thoughts and hopefully me being daft
Before you cancel I would test drive one (which could be difficult of course!). It might not be as "bad" as you think and you are probably worrying about nothing.

One thing I do find odd is no-one has commented much on performance in any thread anywhere? For me, that is the key with this car and the main reason you are paying out more.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #11
TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
I've contacted solvent three times in the last week and they've ignored me. Crap company tbh.
Really? Always been responsive with me....shame. Are you thinking about changing your order as well?

Quote:
Before you cancel I would test drive one (which could be difficult of course!). It might not be as "bad" as you think and you are probably worrying about nothing.

One thing I do find odd is no-one has commented much on performance in any thread anywhere? For me, that is the key with this car and the main reason you are paying out more.
Think you are right....need to test drive at least a F30 auto and pref a 330d.
Oh the sat nav update has also annoyed me

I agree, no one is raving about he 330d performance.....as they come run in I would be giving mine a right hard drive (once its warmed up of course).
      09-06-2012, 11:22 AM   #12
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
Really? Always been responsive with me....shame. Are you thinking about changing your order as well?
Only to an F31
      09-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #13
no golf clubs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0d SE Titanium Silver

Anyone ever had issues at the end of a lease with what you think is normal wear and tear and the company say isn't?

I had a god awful A6 for 18 months and at the end the tried to charge me £1.5k for a scuffed alloy and respray of scratches under the front spoiler! Shower of bar stewards and ended up in dispute with them! This was direct with Audi.

They tried to charge me for work they say needed done and actually wasn't due to the fact it sold at auction the week after I returned it! Shysters even tried to charge me vat on the work! (that was never done).
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #14
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Always, always, always get the fair wear and tear document before you sign. My lease is ultimately through Leasline's Network and so I got a copy of their fair wear and tair document and it's ... well ... fair.
      09-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #15
morellomax
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i xDrive convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
Always, always, always get the fair wear and tear document before you sign. My lease is ultimately through Leasline's Network and so I got a copy of their fair wear and tair document and it's ... well ... fair.
Maybe. Or just rely on the consumer protection legislation and play hardball with them if they try anything. Will they try to levy the wear and tear charge through the direct debit set up for the lease payments ? I suppose you should make sure you cancel that.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #16
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Don't know abiout the DD. But you're right that you should always remember that the law is on your side. it is up to them to prove in a court of law that you owe them money
      09-07-2012, 02:19 PM   #17
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

They have to abide by a standard wear and tear policy. If you think you might have the odd issue, it is worth getting the car evaluated before sending it back. If anything comes up as being not up to scratch (pardon the pun) it would be cheaper for you to repair it before sending it back.

Just because a car goes to an auction house, doesn't mean it was sold in an unrepaired state....all major auction houses offer the service of getting cars repaired for re-sale (that's why auction houses smell like fresh paint).

Mercedes finance cars get collected by BCA the auction company, you would think they would re sell they via dealer network, but no....they are auctioned.
Appreciate 0