F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Anyone removed the stock filter yet? Looking for DIY on how to open the airbox
GetBMWParts

10-02-2012, 03:47 AM   #1
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Anyone removed the stock filter yet? Looking for DIY on how to open the airbox

I was looking in my engine bay and could see how to remove the four silver clips, but was unsure how to release the circled clip in the picture.

Anyone able to share some info here to help me out? I've a BMC filter on its way and wanted to get my head around this.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 06:12 AM   #2
Deuk
Almost 40 years BMW driver
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i / F30

No problem. Just losen the silver clips by pushing them down (they keep in place) en pull up the circled clip at the front. Then smoothly pull up the topside and you can take out the paper OEM filter and slide in the high flow filter, like I did with a K&N cotton filter.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 06:14 AM   #3
Deuk
Almost 40 years BMW driver
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i / F30

No problem. Just losen the silver clips by pushing them down (they keep in place) en pull up the circled clip at the front. Then smoothly pull up the topside and you can take out the paper OEM filter and slide in the high flow filter, like I did with a K&N cotton filter.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2012, 04:41 AM   #4
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuk View Post
Thanks mate

I realised how to do it a couple of weeks ago after my filter turned up and I had a crack at it. Forgot to update my OP - negative interwebs points for me

BMC filter is a nice aural addition, though
Appreciate 0