E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Humming noise from the back of the dash board

02-08-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
Legendnz
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2019 320d (G20)

Humming noise from the back of the dash board

I keep hearing this buzzing/humming sound from behind my dash around the hvac controls that wasn't there before. I don't hear it when i first turn on the car, only after driving for a while (after engine is warmed up perhaps?). It sounds like an electric motor or pump, definitely something rotating... And the sounds go away when the a/c turn on.

Its more or less a constant tone, doesn't change with RPM's or different gears, it doesnt change when i turn the steering wheel. and its not the hvac fan because i hear it when everything is off.

what do you guys think? any ideas?
It is a 320i btw.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #2
BMWSOZE
Smooth Operator
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendnz View Post
I keep hearing this buzzing/humming sound from behind my dash around the hvac controls that wasn't there before. I don't hear it when i first turn on the car, only after driving for a while (after engine is warmed up perhaps?). It sounds like an electric motor or pump, definitely something rotating... And the sounds go away when the a/c turn on.

Its more or less a constant tone, doesn't change with RPM's or different gears, it doesnt change when i turn the steering wheel. and its not the hvac fan because i hear it when everything is off.

what do you guys think? any ideas?
It is a 320i btw.
Wouldn't happen to have in dash GPS/CD loaded disc unit would you?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
Legendnz
New Zealand
Rep

Pretty sure its not da disc. Appears Noise is related to a/c as it goes away when it turned on. And it only happens when the engine warms up. Also cannot hear from the engine bay. Can only hear from inside
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
Legendnz
New Zealand
Rep

Any idea people???
Appreciate 0