BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Photography/Videography ****super bright moon, night time beach shots****

08-28-2007, 03:35 AM   #1
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

****super bright moon, night time beach shots****

so tonights moon was crazy bright so i decided to go to thousand steps beach and take shots.......
Pretty cool i guess, it was late so i had 3 cops that were with me and were all interested and asking how i do it and blah blah.

I threw in one of Soka University from 2 nights ago.
Attached Images

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals

Last edited by Neema; 08-28-2007 at 04:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 03:37 AM   #2
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

nice pics man!

yeah the moon has been pretty bright these past two days.... isnt there supposed to be a lunar eclipse in like an hour or something?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 03:39 AM   #3
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

by the way, im borrowing my friends 28-200 lens and hate it! I hate how you cant get everything in the scene into the picture like a 16-35, 17-40, or 18-55 can. And he doesnt have any type of filter on it so i couldnt get that star burst effect on the moon or other lights, the're just blurred. It sure seems to have a harder time focusing too.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 03:41 AM   #4
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by that guy nico View Post
nice pics man!

yeah the moon has been pretty bright these past two days.... isnt there supposed to be a lunar eclipse in like an hour or something?
in Bangkok theres going to be an eclipse, I got lucky one year while i was in italy and witnessed a solar eclipse. Thanks man......yea its way bright right now too

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 03:42 AM   #5
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BMW

17-40 L F4
Ftw!!!
      08-28-2007, 03:44 AM   #6
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

http://www.nasa.gov/vision/universe/...s/eclipse.html
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 03:44 AM   #7
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
17-40 L F4
Ftw!!!
yes for sure, im trying to get one. But how bout that new 16-35L 2.8! Full framed and water proof

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 03:50 AM   #8
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

damn l4wr3nc3........that pic in your sig looks pretty nuts, ruji style. You must be good, you, initialDTM, Bartman32, and TheDL are really really good photographers on this forum. Me, shoooooot im just taking my 5 hour long photoshop CS3/Intermediate Photography class, trying to get rid of this damn 18-55 and get a 17-40 L, eventually get a 30D and get rid of this rebel XTi, and just trying my best to learn EVERYTHING from everyone and as much as I can, im in sponge mode with photography.....trying to suck it all up. You guys hold it down for sure..........i hope im there soon enough too, its only been 3-4 months that i've been in the game now, so slowly but surely i'll get there. I have alot of faith in this photoshop CS3 class taking my pics to better levels, and obviously an L series lens would be great too.

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 03:54 AM   #9
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
wait, so then we in CA only get to see the begining of the eclipse, the redish glow part? And the mid sections of the US see the actual eclipse?

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 03:56 AM   #10
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
wait, so then we in CA only get to see the begining of the eclipse, the redish glow part? And the mid sections of the US see the actual eclipse?
yup sucks huh?
oh well, still a once in a while thing for me....

and sorry for going OT!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 04:11 AM   #11
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
yup sucks huh?
oh well, still a once in a while thing for me....

and sorry for going OT!
yea that sucks....and dude OT? Come on now, i dont care about all that hah, its cool.

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 04:13 AM   #12
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

haha alright cool cuz i know some people get all butt hurt; but i just looked at the moon and its starting..... cool shit man
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 04:17 AM   #13
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
damn l4wr3nc3........that pic in your sig looks pretty nuts, ruji style. You must be good, you, initialDTM, Bartman32, and TheDL are really really good photographers on this forum. Me, shoooooot im just taking my 5 hour long photoshop CS3/Intermediate Photography class, trying to get rid of this damn 18-55 and get a 17-40 L, eventually get a 30D and get rid of this rebel XTi, and just trying my best to learn EVERYTHING from everyone and as much as I can, im in sponge mode with photography.....trying to suck it all up. You guys hold it down for sure..........i hope im there soon enough too, its only been 3-4 months that i've been in the game now, so slowly but surely i'll get there. I have alot of faith in this photoshop CS3 class taking my pics to better levels, and obviously an L series lens would be great too.
Although i've never taken Photoshop classes. Im sure they will help you greatly. I did however mess around with photoshop by myself and it has taught me a great deal. To be honest, i've only been really serious and working at the whole "photography" thing for less then half a year. I'm still learning just like everyone else haha.

If you click on my signature, you can view most of my photos. Some of them good, most of them bad. Just keep working at it and im sure you'll get the point where you want to be at.
      08-28-2007, 04:40 AM   #14
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
Although i've never taken Photoshop classes. Im sure they will help you greatly. I did however mess around with photoshop by myself and it has taught me a great deal. To be honest, i've only been really serious and working at the whole "photography" thing for less then half a year. I'm still learning just like everyone else haha.

If you click on my signature, you can view most of my photos. Some of them good, most of them bad. Just keep working at it and im sure you'll get the point where you want to be at.
Yea dude i love the shots that are black and white'ish, or the one in your sig, how do you do that? Out line the car and desaturate the backround. I'd love to be able to do that kinda stuff. And that black and white stair case shot is great too. What are you using?

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 04:55 AM   #15
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

dang its so dark outside, especially now that the moon is covered up
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2007, 11:48 AM   #16
bartman32
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
GREAT shots Boost. I really like the one of the guard tower and Soka.
Appreciate 0