Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Experiencing bad understeer in snow

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
CallMeAl
Private
Rep
Drives: 335xi Dinan Stage 2

Experiencing bad understeer in snow

Last night with only one or two inches of snow my 335xi slide right into a curb going around a corner at very low speed. The rims ended up splitting a little I'll add a pic later. My question is, would this be due to the tires because I though x drive was decent and I was driving cautiously? I'm not sure if my tires are even all season so that is my guess.
      02-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
Richurd
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too slow.

Is your tires. Xdrive is not that great. Drivetrain does not help with grip and stopping like tires.
      02-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
Meeni
Gateropode
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i 06

Xdrive improves only traction in snow. You have to have proper snow tires if you want to be able to stop or steer in snow.
Appreciate 0