F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW Live Stopped Working
proTUNING Freaks

02-27-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60, Macan Turbo

BMW Live Stopped Working

Late last week my BMW Live (weather, news) just stopped working. When going into the BMW Live menu it now says "an internal error has occurred". It worked fine previously and Internet browsing still works fine.

Has anyone else experienced this? It's been not working for too long for it to be an outage with the BMW service.

I have coded:

HU_CIC -> 3003 -> CONNECTED_DRIVE (already aktiv)
HU_CIC -> 3003 -> Online_Services (aktiv)
HU_CIC -> 3003 -> Online_Services_GLS (aktiv)
HU_CIC -> 3003 -> Online_Browser (aktiv)

Anyone else experienced this?
BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 02:47 AM   #2
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep

With pic!
Attached Images

BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #3
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep

I decided to try adding 6AL to my FA.

I followed the instructions as per the PDF documents that are around here. All very easy, but I do have a question, one I've followed the instructions and "written the FA to the car", do I need to do anything else? This step was very quick, but I've seen mention of a step to "VO Code the car" - what precisely does this mean, or have I already done that?

I read disconnected E-Sys and reconnected and re-read my FA and checked the SALAPA and 6AL was there ok.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
cirexsoft
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i xdrive

Do you have a link or to this pdf? I have been searching for days and have not find a complete list of instructions.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #5
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirexsoft View Post
Do you have a link or to this pdf? I have been searching for days and have not find a complete list of instructions.
The main coding thread, page 1, "E-Sys - Getting Started Supplement - Part 3.pdf": http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696777
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #6
cirexsoft
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i xdrive

Thanks,
I am going to try and change those 4 values listed in your first post and see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #7
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep

Ok, I've figured out how to VO code.

I added 6AL (BMW Live) to my FA, VO coded HU_NBT. Still have the same error as before, but I did find something interesting.

When you VO code an FA would you expect to see the relevant settings aktiv in the relevant coding items? (eg HU_CIC -> 3003 -> Online_Services)

When I VO coded 6AL these have all been set back to not active.

I'm wondering if the country controller is affecting BMW Live in New Zealand?

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 09:07 PM   #8
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F30 310i > G20 310i

Try adding 614, 615 & 6AL, could you also share your VIN# so can do some check on other vehicles with HU-NBT

Last edited by kon; 03-04-2013 at 09:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #9
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kon View Post
Try adding 614, 615 & 6AL
Thanks Kon. My car came with 615 so no need to code.

http://www.bmwvin.com/?vin=NP04241&confirm_code=Wrkiz
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #10
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Looking at your option list... (funny I couldn't find HU_NBT, not sure it's suppose to be like that)...

1.) Does BMW offer BMW Assist in NZ? If not, you wouldn't even need a ghost vin, since your car already have 614 & 615, then data would go through your phone. Ghost vin is needed for US guys primarily becoz internet/live traffic would pass through the assist (on board data) instead of their phone.

But since you got it working before and it just killed itself, I'd probably try one of these:

A.) Reset everything back to original and only code in 6AL... remember this will not work immediately, need it give it a couple hours of sleep time.

B.) On idrive, under service status, try to update the services see if it helps (no idea what it does.. hahaha)
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 10:05 PM   #11
raj10800
Private
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Quote:
Looking at your option list... (funny I couldn't find HU_NBT, not sure it's suppose to be like that)...

1.) Does BMW offer BMW Assist in NZ? If not, you wouldn't even need a ghost vin, since your car already have 614 & 615, then data would go through your phone. Ghost vin is needed for US guys primarily becoz internet/live traffic would pass through the assist (on board data) instead of their phone.

But since you got it working before and it just killed itself, I'd probably try one of these:

A.) Reset everything back to original and only code in 6AL... remember this will not work immediately, need it give it a couple hours of sleep time.

B.) On idrive, under service status, try to update the services see if it helps (no idea what it does.. hahaha)
Kon,

I tried recoding 6AL. It takes me to a setup wizard where you need to choose your region (I chose Asia) and also give your email id (optional). You can choose to proceed without email id. Next it tries to load BMW Live and it returns the same error. Updating services works but when you try and load BMW Live you get the same error. I had raised this with Shawn and he thinks maybe BMW is doing something to their servers to block access. He too has no solution.

Regards,
Rajesh
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 10:35 PM   #12
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep

Quote:

1) No assist in NZ - no problem with data going through my phone -- the iDrive web browser works fine.

A) How do you reset everything back to original?

B) Update service status works -- services available are listed and include Internet and BMW Live.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 11:20 PM   #13
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj10800 View Post
Kon,

I tried recoding 6AL. It takes me to a setup wizard where you need to choose your region (I chose Asia) and also give your email id (optional). You can choose to proceed without email id. Next it tries to load BMW Live and it returns the same error. Updating services works but when you try and load BMW Live you get the same error. I had raised this with Shawn and he thinks maybe BMW is doing something to their servers to block access. He too has no solution.

Regards,
Rajesh
For service coverage, most of us will select Europe>Great Britain for region (doesn't matter where you are physically), GB just offer more feature with their "Live" service, and do register, no harm to do it... you'll just get an email notification that registration is complete.

It has been sometime since I actually use BMW Live, I will have to try it out again later see if I do have the same issue.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 11:22 PM   #14
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoNZ View Post
1) No assist in NZ - no problem with data going through my phone -- the iDrive web browser works fine.

A) How do you reset everything back to original?

B) Update service status works -- services available are listed and include Internet and BMW Live.

Cheers
When you vo code 6AL, you should have restored everything back... let me try this out later tonight when i get to my car...
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 12:05 AM   #15
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep

Quote:
When you vo code 6AL, you should have restored everything back... let me try this out later tonight when i get to my car...
I VO Coded 6AL on HU_NBT, any other ECUs that I should have coded?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 01:04 AM   #16
raj10800
Private
Rep

Quote:
For service coverage, most of us will select Europe>Great Britain for region (doesn't matter where you are physically), GB just offer more feature with their "Live" service, and do register, no harm to do it... you'll just get an email notification that registration is complete.

It has been sometime since I actually use BMW Live, I will have to try it out again later see if I do have the same issue.
Ok. Please do let me know if it works.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 01:08 AM   #17
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
I VO Coded 6AL on HU_NBT, any other ECUs that I should have coded?
That would be the only one you need since COMBOX is integrated into your HU now
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 01:45 AM   #18
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep

Quote:
That would be the only one you need since COMBOX is integrated into your HU now
Cool, that's what I thought.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 04:15 AM   #19
raj10800
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj10800 View Post
Ok. Please do let me know if it works.
Hi Kon,

Is it working for you?

Regards,
Rajesh
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 05:51 AM   #20
kon
Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep

Yes, BMW Live is still working...
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 06:21 AM   #21
raj10800
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yes, BMW Live is still working...
I had sent you my VIN. To that I have coded 614 and 6AL. Internet Browser works but 6AL (BMW Live) does not work. Anything else I should do or recode 6AL?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 07:03 AM   #22
raj10800
Private
Rep

Quote:
Cool, that's what I thought.
Did you get BMW Live to work?
Appreciate 0