BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-05-2007, 07:06 AM   #1
amsfoto
photographer
Ireland
Rep
Drives: AW e92 335i, JB 135i

US Ordering Question

I have been browsing the forums here for a few days now, as I have been on the waiting list for my 08' M3 for few weeks. I am confused as to why some people have ordered their cars yet and some of us are still on the waiting list with no words of even the colors that will be available?

I placed my deposit at VOB BMW in Rockville, MD, and am #13 in line. My salesman Jim told me that I will be recieving my car in March of 08', but seems to have no hard information on options or color combinations yet. I am getting a little nervous, as well as anxious of course. Is this just a US release date issue? I am guessing from looking around that the M3 will be available in Europe and Canada before it is available here in the US, but I would think to get the car in March we would be putting our orders in already. Can anyone settle my thoughts? Thanks.

I told Jim that I wanted an Alpine White with Red Interior, but he told me that they can't put in orders yet and would call me when I can place my order, and that they dont even know what MSRP is. He did tell me that I would not be paying over MSRP though.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2007, 08:38 AM   #2
RickyM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

I don't think anyone in the US has placed their order yet, most of the folks who have placed orders are in Europe!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2007, 08:42 AM   #3
amsfoto
photographer
Ireland
Rep
Drives: AW e92 335i, JB 135i

Alright, that was my question. I was on here last night and saw people were placing orders and called my salesman about to panic, but im lucky he wasnt around. lol
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2007, 01:35 PM   #4
RickyM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

I'm sure you will get a call, I have been on the waiting list for several months now and Have the #1 spot at my dealer. If i hear something I will post it here.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2007, 01:36 PM   #5
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
I also "almost" ordered thru Rockville VOB but my sales guy left however in Aug when I last talked to him he was teling me I'd have to get my deposit in like then in order to get a car in 2008. I checked at Passport BMW (#16) in Sept and Sterling BMW (#6) at that time also. No one had firm order info just $500-1000 and join the list. In fact I had more info than they did it seems. I went with mil sales and have an estimated delivery of 30 May 08 or soon afterwards.

But from my sales guy's info...NOONE in the US has ordered a car or picked out options. they aren't even released yet along with the price. He expects that in early 2008 (i.e. Jan 08) as the cars don't start production until mid Dec 07). Remember the way it works BMW NA grants allocations and then the dealer contacts its customers (i.e. wait list/order list) to ask if they still want to proceede with their order....then the get assigned a production number which coincides with a VIN # for a vehicle scheduled to enter production depending on the dealer's/country's allocation. That's when your options and color are locked in...when you get a VIN # allocated. Then it's a few weeks until your car shows up in NA. For my 01 325xi it started production in Aug 01 and I had it late Nov 01 at the dealer as a thumbmeasure. So I'd chill and just wait for the dealer to call you and tell you he's got a VIN for you and needs to know what you want the M3 that will go with it to look like on the other end of production!
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0