E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Shut off errors, but is it broken?

04-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #1
Mpy18
Captain
Rep
Drives: '06 325 XI

Shut off errors, but is it broken?

After messing with my front seats with the battery still connected I had a seatbelt and airbag error on the dash that wouldn't go away. I had a friend with a reset tool shut both codes off.

Errors haven't been on the dash, but the light on the front dome for the passenger airbag that lights up when the airbag is off, is off.

The light doesn't come on, when someone is in the seat or no one is there. Is the airbag always armed now? Does the airbag even work at all? What do?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #2
pweber84
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d e91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpy18 View Post
After messing with my front seats with the battery still connected I had a seatbelt and airbag error on the dash that wouldn't go away. I had a friend with a reset tool shut both codes off.

Errors haven't been on the dash, but the light on the front dome for the passenger airbag that lights up when the airbag is off, is off.

The light doesn't come on, when someone is in the seat or no one is there. Is the airbag always armed now? Does the airbag even work at all? What do?
Correct, Airbag is always armed, even if no one seat on it.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #3
Mpy18
Captain
Rep

Why does the light not come on anymore though? It used to, prior to my experiments .
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #4
pweber84
Banned
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Why does the light not come on anymore though? It used to, prior to my experiments .
If it was showing up it ment that something was wrong, probaby with your ocupation detector. I'm sorry, I didn't understand you before.
Now when someone is on the passanger seat the airbag will work.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 01:16 PM   #5
Mpy18
Captain
Rep

Well something is wrong now. On the top dome light there is a black price that says on it passenger airbag is off. It lights up orange when no one is in the seat. If someone sits down in it, the light turns off to indicate the passenger airbag is now active. Now it just stays off.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 02:27 PM   #6
pweber84
Banned
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Well something is wrong now. On the top dome light there is a black price that says on it passenger airbag is off. It lights up orange when no one is in the seat. If someone sits down in it, the light turns off to indicate the passenger airbag is now active. Now it just stays off.
Hmm I'm not sure now how it looks like in U.S. cars, but I assume, that when no one seats on passanger seat the airbag is not active. that means all is fine I think.
Appreciate 0