E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Some new car advice

11-28-2005, 03:48 PM   #1
xgeek
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 320D SE

Some new car advice

Hi Guys,

I am a first time BMW owner and have only had my E90 320D SE (Sapphire Black) for a week (loving it so far)

If possible could I have some advice with regards to detailing my car.

I noticed a few days ago that I already have swirl marks on the car (must be dealer induced as I have not washed it yet). They are very fine and I only noticed them under bright flood lights at work.

I am keen to keep my new car in tip-top condition so this is where I need help. After reading the forums here I have decided to go down the Zaino route.

I have found a UK dealer (a bit pricey when compared with the cost in the USA, but then again so is everthing else) :-
http://www.advancedcarproducts.com/products.asp?cat=11

I was going to get the Zaino Ultimate Kit, some Z-PC Fusion and 2 extra MF towels (£200 worth)

Will the Z-PC remove the swirls by hand?
If not I guess I will need a PC? If so I found this kit:-
http://www.autogeek.net/hk7424.html
Does this have all I need? I don't want to order from the USA and then find I have forgotten something.

Now this is a fair sum of money just to polish a car and I am scared s***less I will mess up as I have never used a PC or any form of polish/wax on car before.

Is it easy to do or should I just forget about it? If it is a bit risky do any of the UK members know of where I can get the Zaino treatment done by a professional detailer. I guess as I was gonna spend £350 on Zaino and a PC I can spend up to that on someone else to do it. I did a web search and looked in the yellow pages but came up blank.

Many thanks for any and all help.
Regards
Stephen
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2005, 03:52 AM   #2
CardinalZeus77
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.2 Carrera S

Garage List
Hi,

I had Supaguard Paint and Fabric protection applied to my E90 prior to collection. It comes with a 3 year guarantee and the car looks great!

For more information check this link:

http://www.clean-image.co.uk/paintsealant/supaguard.htm
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2005, 08:37 AM   #3
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

LOL...never ceases to amaze me why peole go the Zaino when they're not even entering their cars in car shows. There are plenty of items in the UK that are much cheaper, take less time, and probably fulfill your needs. Enzitt, Klasse, Zymonol are all great alternatives.

It's not soo much the product as the method of application.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2005, 02:05 PM   #4
xgeek
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 320D SE

Thanks Hitman999 I will check it out.

@Socom, Sorry I did not know Zaino was for show cars only. As I said this is all new to me and all I know I have read here and at the Detailersclub. Are you saying Zaino is not sutable for day-to-day driving? If so I have got the wrong end of the stick from posts here.

I did look at Zymol but it is more expensive than Zaino and from what I have read here it's a wax so it does not last as long.

Anyway I am glad I made you a laugh
Appreciate 0