F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > KW DDC Plug&Play @ F30 335i M-Performance
proTUNING Freaks

05-28-2013, 03:08 AM   #1
KyleBerg
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M-Performance

KW DDC Plug&Play @ F30 335i M-Performance

Hey guys,

according to KW, my F30 should be the first in Europe to have their new adaptive coilovers. The height of the car in the attached picture is the maximum height - so in principle it is possible to lower the car an additional 4cm front and back.

The new ride differs remarkably from the previous one with adaptive M-suspension: even in comfort mode the track-keeping is amazing. There is virtually no (and I mean "no") bodyroll - neither when breaking nor when doing fast lane changes. Entering sport mode sharpens the ride even further; I guess this is meant with the stale saying "as if on rails". Amazingly good!

Comfort mode now feels approximately 50% stiffer than the previous sport mode with the regular adaptive M suspension. At least with my 19" runflat I'm not absolutely confident with ride comfort up to 100 km/h: you seem to feel every minor bump in the road. Do you think I will get some ride quality back when switching to non-runflat? I intend to do so in the next couple of days.

All the best
Kyle
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      05-28-2013, 03:20 AM   #2
lazycat
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: f80 m3 CP

Can you adjust the dampers to make the comfort mode more comfortable or are the different modes pre-set by KW at factory?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 03:24 AM   #3
KyleBerg
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep

To my knowledge they are preset by the factory. But I will have another look at that matter.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 05:46 AM   #4
KyleBerg
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep

Hey guys,

just wanted to let you know that I recently switched to non-runflat tires and that I'm now completely happy with my ride. The bumpiness has gone and ride is more or less as good as it was with the series adaptive suspension on runflats. But now with all the advantages true coilovers offer. :-) :-)

I have attached some pics from the install.

See ya
Kyle
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

I don't know what KW has done but if they can't go higher than that they must have done something REALLY wrong.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #6
lazycat
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: f80 m3 CP

I agree with Rossi, seems slightly too low for this "highest" setting, did you double check that it is the "highest" this KW can go?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 04:17 AM   #7
KyleBerg
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep

Hey everybody,

just wanted to let you know that the KW is doing fine. With non-Runflat-tyres ride quality is still quite good, and especially the sport mode makes the car stick to the road - this guarantees lots of fun! :-)

The highest setting is indeed the one shown in the first photo but beware: by now the car is even lower as the springs have finally settled. I am in contact with some KW engineers and presumably other springs are offered by now or will be offered soon, which are to allow some higher setup as well (important for our snowy winters...). I guess this kind of inconvenience is the price you have to pay for being an early adaptor.

Best
Kyle
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #8
utenigma
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i 8SA M-Adaptive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleBerg View Post
... first in Europe to have their new adaptive coilovers. .... previous one with adaptive M-suspension
Does this kit integrate with the factory adaptive suspension controls, or disable the factory connections and replace them with a separate control button?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 12:26 AM   #9
rxander
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 Alpine White

Quote:
Hey everybody,

just wanted to let you know that the KW is doing fine. With non-Runflat-tyres ride quality is still quite good, and especially the sport mode makes the car stick to the road - this guarantees lots of fun! :-)

The highest setting is indeed the one shown in the first photo but beware: by now the car is even lower as the springs have finally settled. I am in contact with some KW engineers and presumably other springs are offered by now or will be offered soon, which are to allow some higher setup as well (important for our snowy winters...). I guess this kind of inconvenience is the price you have to pay for being an early adaptor.

Best
Kyle
Thanks for the info keep us posted if you can about the revised springs.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2016, 01:15 AM   #10
Lancelot
Major
France
Rep
Drives: 2017 m550i

Quote:
Hey everybody,

Best
Kyle

Hi Kyle

Digging up an old thread but... Did you manage to fix this height issue with different springs?

Thanks
      08-17-2016, 10:07 AM   #11
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Also very interested in learning if this P&P kit may be revised to allow a higher setting. As much as your car looks great, I prefer a slightly higher suspension setting.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 02:46 PM   #12
jazza
Captain
Rep
Drives: F32 428i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
Hi Kyle

Digging up an old thread but... Did you manage to fix this height issue with different springs?

Thanks
I recently asked KW Germany and replied that it was not possible to install with higher springs.