E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Got Limp Mode and error 0305 and 0305?

Closed Thread

09-18-2007, 10:34 PM   #1
NAandTT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 330i, E90 335i

Got Limp Mode and error 0305 and 0305?

I got limp mode, and when I connected the harness to the computer, it said that I had error 0305 and 0306, cilinder 5 and 6 misfire. What is this?

Btw I got Procede v 1.47
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 10:41 PM   #2
scalbert
Major General
Rep
Drives: '13 S4, '15 Q7

Misfire on cylinder 5 and 6. Try to run the fuel out and refill with as good of fuel as you can find. If it still occurs, report back.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 10:43 PM   #3
bmwzimmer
Major
Rep
Drives: 335

Or try uploading the LBT map
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2007, 12:28 AM   #4
sambonator
Samtaro!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 N55 Alpinweiß

Or order Procede v.2.0 (and wait...)
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2007, 12:32 AM   #5
stillclaimndp
Dancing Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e90 ZSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAandTT View Post
I got limp mode, and when I connected the harness to the computer, it said that I had error 0305 and 0306, cilinder 5 and 6 misfire. What is this?

Btw I got Procede v 1.47
Did you hook up your harness with the little plugs that are tied together plugged in, run it for 2-3 minutes, let it sit 2-3 minutes then, plug the procede in? I made the mistak of not having the plug in the harness during the adjustment run and it was misfiring too... hit me up if im not explaining myself clearly at

good luck
2007 e90 & 1981 Corvette Predecessors: 2007 BMW 335i E92, 2006 M5, 2008 Viper SRT10 Coupe, 2005 Viper Yellow, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2006 S4, 2001.5 Nogaro Blue S4, 2006 GTI w/ DSG, 06 Evo IX, 04 S4, 04 911x51, 03 Evo VIII, 98 Eclipse GSX, 96 GST, 92 Galant Vr-4, '70 Grand Prix Model J, '70 Nova, '68 Firebird
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2007, 05:20 AM   #6
BzzzBom
Major
Rep
Drives: 05 R53 MINI / 09 335i Coupe

Error code 0305 = wait for the Dinan reflash
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2007, 06:51 AM   #7
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzzzBom View Post
Error code 0305 = wait for the Dinan reflash
...or wait for PROcede v2.0 for +100WHP / +100 lb.-ft. (or more) RWTQ.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2007, 08:11 AM   #8
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambonator View Post
Or order Procede v.2.0 (and wait...)
I thought v2.0 only prevented boost-target-not-reached limp mode. Not cylinder misfire. Same thing with LBT map presumably.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2007, 12:09 PM   #9
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

i have been reading alot on the PROCEDE...so many people getting problems with Procede, will V2 fix all these issues?
why doesnt Vishnu recall all of the v1.47 PROcede or at least offer the V2 for free, i was reading u have to pay extra.
i just went over like 40 threads with PROcede limp and engine codes? WTF?
      09-19-2007, 12:56 PM   #10
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5sokol335icoupe View Post
i have been reading alot on the PROCEDE...so many people getting problems with Procede, will V2 fix all these issues?
why doesnt Vishnu recall all of the v1.47 PROcede or at least offer the V2 for free, i was reading u have to pay extra.
OK, if you want more power, raising boost is the cheapest way. So higher pressures require both relatively lower intake temp and better gas.

A piggyback can't "fix" air and fuel that's being provided. It can only mitigate likely negative consequences by lowering maximum boost. It can use a static map for this purpose or it can try to dynamically detect harmful or suboptimal conditions before they happen. My guess is the latter is not always possible do to lack of measurement ability.

Safety-wise, it is probably a GOOD thing that the BMW's ECU is able to detect the operational conditions (that cause limp mode). On other cars, the ECU may be continue running hard w/out knowledge of these conditions.

Given that, it's probably a good thing for Vishnu that they added the user boost map and are delaying release until cooler fall weather.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2007, 01:47 PM   #11
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I too have been reading these threads for quite some time. I just dont understand how everyone accepts the fact that there is a huge problem and they are going to be required to pay an additional fee to make it work properly.

One would think that you guys paid X amount of dollars for the "Procede" not to work properly. Lets be realistic here, for months there was talk about the Haltech unit having a better circuit board, more inputs , etc...then why cant it work like its suppose to. Now you have all accepted the fact that you are going to shell out more money for a product that has been tested by " X amount of Imaginary beta Testers" hoping that it fixes the boost target issue. Does anyone else find it weird that you have a brand new car with less than 10k miles and you are being told to change your sparkplugs because of a misfire... c'mon you dont believe that do you..

Basically it seems to me that the marketing of the year award would have to go to Shiv for somehow convincing everyone to shell out an additional $150 to fix an issue with the product that initially cost $1300+. Honestly if it was my car I would think twice before adding more power if something was sold to me that didnt work with less power.....

Maybe someone can explain this concept to me, I may be wrong here....

I give credit where its due but I dont believe in misleading customers to this extent...
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2007, 02:46 PM   #12
e.n335
Austria
Rep
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

V2 is not a bug fix. V2 has more functionality. V1.47LBT works without any issues, I guess it will have about the same power output as your Xede.

You are aware about this very well, please don't use the current V2 delivery issue to bash the PROcede product.

Thanks.

- Eugen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Active Autowerke View Post
I too have been reading these threads for quite some time. I just dont understand how everyone accepts the fact that there is a huge problem and they are going to be required to pay an additional fee to make it work properly.

One would think that you guys paid X amount of dollars for the "Procede" not to work properly. Lets be realistic here, for months there was talk about the Haltech unit having a better circuit board, more inputs , etc...then why cant it work like its suppose to. Now you have all accepted the fact that you are going to shell out more money for a product that has been tested by " X amount of Imaginary beta Testers" hoping that it fixes the boost target issue. Does anyone else find it weird that you have a brand new car with less than 10k miles and you are being told to change your sparkplugs because of a misfire... c'mon you dont believe that do you..

Basically it seems to me that the marketing of the year award would have to go to Shiv for somehow convincing everyone to shell out an additional $150 to fix an issue with the product that initially cost $1300+. Honestly if it was my car I would think twice before adding more power if something was sold to me that didnt work with less power.....

I give credit where its due but I dont believe in misleading customers to this extent...
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2007, 02:51 PM   #13
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.n335 View Post
V2 is not a bug fix. V2 has more functionality. V1.47LBT works without any issues, I guess it will have about the same power output as your Xede.

You are aware about this very well, please don't use the current V2 delivery issue to bash the PROcede product.

Thanks.

- Eugen
Eugen,

You are always on the defensive. I apologize for assuming all of the people having issues with 1.47LBT were telling the truth...
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2007, 03:01 PM   #14
e.n335
Austria
Rep
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

Quote:
Eugen,

You are always on the defensive. I apologize for assuming all of the people having issues with 1.47LBT were telling the truth...
It's not a defense. Should we really try to find 5 people having problems with the V1.47LBT and 5 with the AA Xede ?

Shiv developed V2 and made a big step creating the 2nd generation Procede. Maybe he should have provided a V1.48 in between. This does not make the PROcede to a bad product.

Makes sense ?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2007, 03:02 PM   #15
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

i did read alot of people still getting the LBT map and still having some kind of issues..??
i hope they resolve it in V2 and its not just a power increase with more features, i wanna get the PROcede but this is just scarying me. especially the poll from last month showing so many people going into limp(o) mode.

Last edited by 5soko; 09-19-2007 at 03:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2007, 03:05 PM   #16
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT

limo mode.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2007, 03:05 PM   #17
Noize
Under the radar
United_States
Rep
Drives: FWD in reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5sokol335icoupe View Post
I have a 1.47, have been beating the crap out of my car everytime I get in it, and have NEVER had a limp mode once. I've also never seen over 250 degree oil temps.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2007, 03:13 PM   #18
Dannys M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jaguar F Type R

Garage List
2008 M3  [10.00]
Quote:

I have used both the exede and procede. I have been able to induce "limp" mode with both boxes so I think your comment is out of line. Comments like this have kept me from using you, and yes I am local.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2007, 03:16 PM   #19
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Except for a little hicup during the intial install (which shiv helped with on the weekend via this message board), the product has been flawless for months (v1.45).

Most issues shiv and team can help fix in very short order.

If the original poster is still having problems, submit the form for support on their website and start posting on their forum.

To AA - I think it would be more professional for you to stay out of the debate. You have a great product, but as a vendor you should stay above the arguments. Yes there are posts with problems, but there are many, many happy customers. V2 is an upgrade, it will help with the LBT problem because it manages boost differently.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2007, 03:22 PM   #20
E90Russ
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan (E90)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAandTT View Post

Btw I got Procede v 1.47
That sucks! Did stillclaimndp's suggestion work?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2007, 03:25 PM   #21
Noize
Under the radar
United_States
Rep
Drives: FWD in reverse

Quote:
The reason anyone is being defensive is because you're being incredibly offensive. Why would you say something like that? Hmmmmm... Could it be to sell more XEDEs?

The $150 is not to make the car work properly, its to make substantially more power, period.

Quote:
One would think that you guys paid X amount of dollars for the "Procede" not to work properly. Lets be realistic here, for months there was talk about the Haltech unit having a better circuit board, more inputs , etc...then why cant it work like its suppose to.
That's funny. Since you're a total n00b XEDE vendor compared to Vishnu, maybe you don't know about all the gremlins that ChipTorque had to fix with messed up Subaru and Evo XEDES, like maps not loading for example.

Quote:
Now you have all accepted the fact that you are going to shell out more money for a product that has been tested by " X amount of Imaginary beta Testers" hoping that it fixes the boost target issue.
Again, the reason people are being defensive is because you're being downright antagonistic. Imaginary beta testers? Give it a rest! At least one of the beta testers posts on this forum. I've beta tested for Vishnu in the past, but Shiv was wise to keep all the v2 cars local so he could give hands on care to them. Also, boost is controlled differently in v2. He's not "hoping" anything. All you're doing here is proving your ignorance about how the PROcede v2 will be set up.

Quote:
Does anyone else find it weird that you have a brand new car with less than 10k miles and you are being told to change your sparkplugs because of a misfire... c'mon you dont believe that do you..
I've yet to have a misfire on my PROcede. I had lots of misfires on my XEDE powered Evo, though. Probably because I was running a lot more boost than stock.

Quote:
Basically it seems to me that the marketing of the year award would have to go to Shiv for somehow convincing everyone to shell out an additional $150 to fix an issue with the product that initially cost $1300+.
Cool, you get the mudslinger of the year award for trying to defend your product that will make 40whp less than your competition.

Quote:
Lay off the hypocricy. Your entire post was misleading.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2007, 03:27 PM   #22
kaji335i
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:

Lets start a thread of all the people who don't have problems with their Procede. See if its the exception or the rule, being that there are way more Procede users than any other piggyback (yours included), I put my money on exception.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread