F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Ordered the blue beast.
Extreme Powerhouse

06-07-2013, 07:04 AM   #1
BMWRyan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330d m sport

Ordered the blue beast.

She's on order that EBII 330d!!! Over the moon with excitement, child on the way in 2 week then the other estimated 12 week... I went for the following spec:

BMW F30 330d M Sport Estoril Blue II Red Leather.

Bi Xenons with headlight washers
Professional Media (Wasn't sure about getting this one)
19" 403 alloys (Look b.e.a.utiful)
Harman Kardon (Really wanted this one, being a former DJ I'm addicted to sound quality.)
Rear Tints (standard with kids really)

My First BMW ever my father in law just sold his beautiful 330ci about 10 year old but damn it was a beauty and it had a gutsy engine! So I imagine this is going to be just as amazing. Test driving on Monday (Nervous) the guys said if I didn't like it they would cancel the order (Although I seriously doubt that I won't like it)

Just want to thank all on here for advice in the run up to getting the car you've been stars!

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 07:10 AM   #2
browellm
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d

Did you order it as M Sport+?
F31 330d Luxury | Mineral White | Cohiba Brown Individual Leather | Prof Media | Vis pack | Sun Protection Glass | Harman Kardon | Adaptive Suspension | Sports Seats | Lumbar | Folding Mirrors | Comfort Pack | Heated Seats | Coded: EBT
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 07:16 AM   #3
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Ah, it's a 'child on the way' car!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 07:20 AM   #4
BMWRyan
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by browellm View Post
Did you order it as M Sport+?
I don't think so. What is the difference?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 07:21 AM   #5
BMWRyan
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
Ah, it's a 'child on the way' car!
No haha genuinely have a daughter coming into the world in around 2-3 weeks. Just want to say thanks again rich!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #6
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep

I totally understand.

I have some sort of knee jerk reaction to having children in that as soon as I find out yet another one is on the way I have to channel all my attention and energy into getting a new car. It's my coping mechanism. I did it when I was getting married too.

Some men bury their head in the sand. I bury my head in a car brochure.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 07:27 AM   #7
browellm
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRyan View Post
Probably not a lot if you are paying cash, but it's a new pack which includes Xenons, 19" wheels, tint and HK.

As a package it will mean that lease prices with it on will be cheaper than ordering it as separate options.
F31 330d Luxury | Mineral White | Cohiba Brown Individual Leather | Prof Media | Vis pack | Sun Protection Glass | Harman Kardon | Adaptive Suspension | Sports Seats | Lumbar | Folding Mirrors | Comfort Pack | Heated Seats | Coded: EBT
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 07:29 AM   #8
sdb123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 M-Sport

Quote:
You get a few of the popular options together at a lesser price.

IIRC it includes Harman Kardon, Xenons (not adaptive though), 19" wheels, M-Sport brakes and sun protection glass.

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...45&postcount=1
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 07:33 AM   #9
BMWRyan
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdb123 View Post
You get a few of the popular options together at a lesser price.

IIRC it includes Harman Kardon, Xenons (not adaptive though), 19" wheels, M-Sport brakes and sun protection glass.

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...45&postcount=1
Just looked on the web designer and it doesn't give that option yet only on the 335d.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 07:35 AM   #10
BMWRyan
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I totally understand.

I have some sort of knee jerk reaction to having children in that as soon as I find out yet another one is on the way I have to channel all my attention and energy into getting a new car. It's my coping mechanism. I did it when I was getting married too.

I had to sell my car to get married. Now for a 22 year old with a 1 year old son already I was distraught. This is me filling that void in my life once more
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #11
RobH72
Private
Rep
Drives: VW CC Gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRyan
She's on order that EBII 330d!!! Over the moon with excitement, child on the way in 2 week then the other estimated 12 week... I went for the following spec:

Harman Kardon (Really wanted this one, being a former DJ I'm addicted to sound quality.)

My First BMW ever my father in law just sold his beautiful 330ci about 10 year old but damn it was a beauty and it had a gutsy engine! So I imagine this is going to be just as amazing. Test driving on Monday (Nervous) the guys said if I didn't like it they would cancel the order (Although I seriously doubt that I won't like it)

Just want to thank all on here for advice in the run up to getting the car you've been stars!

I've one on order too, similar spec apart from the 19's...

Test drove one for 24hrs, it's an amazing bit of kit!

How they've managed to get a family size car with those emissions and great MPG hit 100mph as quick as a Ferrari F355 is beyond me!

Just have to wait for the lease company to give me my delivery date now....
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 08:01 AM   #12
Orothon
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: EBII 320d M Sport

Quote:

My first post having loitered on here in the run up to getting my EBII 320d MSport.

For my 2p I have 2yr old and actually went for the integrated blinds as I felt that the tints would make the rear too dark during our long winters. I also felt that the tints on an F30 EBII don't suit it as much as they do on an F31.

Unless you particularly want the look of the tints from the outside then I would say the blinds offer same child-friendly benefits but give you a lot more flexibility for dark days in winter and (IIRC) at a lower price than the tints.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #13
BMWRyan
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orothon View Post
My first post having loitered on here in the run up to getting my EBII 320d MSport.

For my 2p I have 2yr old and actually went for the integrated blinds as I felt that the tints would make the rear too dark during our long winters. I also felt that the tints on an F30 EBII don't suit it as much as they do on an F31.

Unless you particularly want the look of the tints from the outside then I would say the blinds offer same child-friendly benefits but give you a lot more flexibility for dark days in winter and (IIRC) at a lower price than the tints.
I have always loved my tints, but I was going to go for the blinds.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 08:42 AM   #14
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:

Congrats

I would consider upgrading to VIZ pack, the adaptive lights are A-MAZING!!!

And as has been said, if you upgrade to Sport plus you would get the M Sport brakes in addition to most of the extras you've ordered, for about the same price?!?!?! (The website is confusing, but believe HK, 19's, Sun protec, M Brakes etc came out at £2400 ish individually and Sport+ is £1900. Worth asking the question
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #15
BMWRyan
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Congrats

And as has been said, if you upgrade to Sport plus you would get the M Sport brakes in addition to most of the extras you've ordered, for about the same price?!?!?! (The website is confusing, but believe HK, 19's, Sun protec, M Brakes etc came out at £2400 ish individually and Sport+ is £1900. Worth asking the question
I will indeed ask thank you sir!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #16
languidmandala
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F30 320d xdrive Sport MT

Quote:
I totally understand.

Lol, here am I who gets the car when a kid moves away.
Nice car sir!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #17
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep

Oh don't get me wrong. They're all either through the business or on the never never!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #18
scoobeesnac
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 328i MY2014

Quote:

Nice! With my child due in 5wks I went for a similar spec'd 328i white/black with the Sports+ Pack - no pro media though.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #19
Alkidrew
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 325d M Sport GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post

If you don't go for the sports+ pack then definitely choose the viz pack. I originally just went fox xenons then realised for just £200 I'd be missing out on adaptive lights.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2013, 04:22 AM   #20
Bored of Audi
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 40D Msport+ in Blue

Hi Ryan

Be interesting what sort of delivery they tell you... You testing at Sytners ?

I got an updat yesterday and told mine will be here some time wc 17 of this month... 15 weeks later .. I am getting desperate...

MY2019 X3 40D M-sport with all the toys. Also a Mini CS for the wife and me to play in at the weekends
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2013, 05:20 AM   #21
BMWRyan
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored of Audi View Post
Hi Ryan

Be interesting what sort of delivery they tell you... You testing at Sytners ?

I got an updat yesterday and told mine will be here some time wc 17 of this month... 15 weeks later .. I am getting desperate...
He hasn't let me know where I am testing yet I will find out Monday and I will let you know the time scale as soon as I find out the ed
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2013, 05:26 AM   #22
jbtco
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I think delivery is influenced by a number of factors. As I understand it dealers get so many build slots (their quota depends i immagine on their sales volumes/ track record) per month and if they have reached the quota when you order you may have to wait for the order to go in. My dealer was quite up front when I ordered in early March quoting delivery in late June. Currently to be around the 26th (car built I believe)

Timing also seems to depend on spec. Of course cars with a popular colour/ spec may be immediately available if a dealer somewhere in the system has one available or on order.
Appreciate 0