F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Eisenmann Quad Race Exhaust Installed (Full Catback Variant) W/ ER DP
GetBMWParts

06-10-2013, 04:57 AM   #1
Adceleratus
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i M Sport Estoril Blue II

Eisenmann Quad Race Exhaust Installed (Full Catback Variant) W/ ER DP

So this video doesn't resemble exactly what it sounds like. I just got it installed today, so I am eager to post a quick vid. I personally think like it sounds meh in the video but am really impressed with how it really sounds. Video quality sucks, camera job sucks, and the time of night sucks, for I only had a few seconds to video the exhaust.

I plan on posting a more thorough version tomorrow w/ a drive by, different angles/proximity, start up, idle, etc..

Consider this is not just the Eisenmann Axle-back. I ordered the Eisenmann mid-pipe along with a catless DP from ER (and has JB1 if that makes a difference). Noticed a little bit of drone but it's negligible. Keep an eye out for a much better video this week (or tomorrow), and let me know if there are any requests as to the way I film it or any questions about my experience with it so far.

Also, I should not, I do not care how much the quad/debadged car looks like a "poser m3." I simply prefer the look of it, so lets not get into any debates as to whether or not a four cylinder is WORTHY of quad exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #2
nokiaprinter
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

sounds mean ...how much did you pay for the whole setup?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
nokiaprinter
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

good taste for choosing Quad....if i have the money i would've gotten the same setup.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 09:14 PM   #4
Adceleratus
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiaprinter View Post
sounds mean ...how much did you pay for the whole setup?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiaprinter View Post
good taste for choosing Quad....if i have the money i would've gotten the same setup.

Thanks!

Probably cost me 5k over all >.< (DP, Tune, Mid-pipes, Quads). A part of me feels retarded for doing it but I am pretty happy with the set up. Just love the agility of the 328i too.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2013, 01:02 AM   #5
rxander
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 Alpine White

That sounds pretty good with the low quality vid.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2013, 01:26 AM   #6
Adceleratus
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxander View Post
That sounds pretty good with the low quality vid.
Thanks! Have had the exhaust for less than 500 miles and it has only grown on me since. Had everything aside from BMS installed at once, so it's hard to tell if the Eisenmann catback provided any gains but I absolutely noticed a huge difference after replacing the whole exhaust.

I keep forgetting to take a better vid but I will have one up very soon for sure.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2013, 06:19 AM   #7
j.c
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

hi Adceleratus, i ve the eisenmann quad installed on my 328 as well.
but i found the exhaust on the right hand side does not working as expected.

after a harsh driving which constantly rev to 7k rpm, the tips on left hand side is really hot that i cant hold my fingers on it for more than a sec. but the tips on the right hand side is still cold. its more like a fake quad to me.

i wonder do u experience the same problem like mine? thanks in advance~!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2013, 06:56 AM   #8
Adceleratus
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.c View Post

after a harsh driving which constantly rev to 7k rpm, the tips on left hand side is really hot that i cant hold my fingers on it for more than a sec. but the tips on the right hand side is still cold. its more like a fake quad to me.

I have only had it installed for a couple days, so I am not too sure but I will definitely check tomorrow. My suspicion is that it is because there are two, rather larger exits connecting the muffler to the tips on the right side whereas on the left side there is only one thinner exit leading to both tips. Much less hot air probably exits the left side because of this, so those two tips don't absorb enough to feel notably hot. So if I am correct (and I very well may not be lol) then it isn't dysfunctional or detrimental (at least with a 2.0L), but instead just related to the design of the exhaust. I really know little about how engines and cars in general work, so maybe someone who is more knowledgable can confirm, but I think that because less air goes through smaller engines, there isn't a need for multiple large exhaust exits, while not enough exits on a 4.0l engine might limit horsepower (i.e. a quad exhaust would make little difference on our engines one way or another).

You may already know all of this, but I assume that it wouldn't make a significant difference if two or just one side was functional. Again, I am not at all sure about this though. I personally purchased the quad tip for the look of it. Call me a poser but I love the look of it and with a couple mods the N20 is just as powerful as some cars that get quad exhaust straight out of the factory (S3?).
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2013, 08:10 AM   #9
j.c
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep

many thanks Adceleratus!
i purchased it mainly for the look too haha
great sounds too, especially on cold start.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #10
///KM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.c View Post

If you look at the picture of the exhaust, it explains why the right hand side doesn't appear to be operating:

The right hand side is likely a dummy; look at the pipe diameter difference between left and right sides. The muffler-to-tip piping on the right side is too thin to be hollow, and doesn't appear to be functional. If it is functional, it's pushing ALOT less exhaust than the left side.

Look on the bright side - it's two less tips to clean
Gone: E90 M3 6MT AW/FR | E46 M3 SMG | E91 328i Wagon 6MT
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #11
Adceleratus
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///KM View Post
If you look at the picture of the exhaust, it explains why the right hand side doesn't appear to be operating:

The right hand side is likely a dummy; look at the pipe diameter difference between left and right sides. The muffler-to-tip piping on the right side is too thin to be hollow, and doesn't appear to be functional. If it is functional, it's pushing ALOT less exhaust than the left side.

Yeah that's exactly what I was saying, thanks for confirming. Either way eisenmann did a great job with this exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 04:26 AM   #12
j.c
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///KM View Post

thank you! that explained why the right side is not functional.

Last edited by j.c; 06-14-2013 at 04:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #13
slmdgee
Usofstance
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328I 6SPD

Sounds good, but if you spent 5k you shoulda bought a 335 lol... Not my money but just saying.

IG Stu_UnitedStatesOfStance
United States Of Stance
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 01:58 AM   #14
Adceleratus
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmdgee View Post
Sounds good, but if you spent 5k you shoulda bought a 335 lol... Not my money but just saying.
, this has got to be the most exhausted point made on this forum. There's plenty I could say in my defense but it's pointless to get into it. I would rather have my car as is than a 335i. And thanks, I think it sounds good too
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 06:10 AM   #15
slmdgee
Usofstance
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328I 6SPD

wheres the videos at?

IG Stu_UnitedStatesOfStance
United States Of Stance
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 04:36 PM   #16
Adceleratus
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmdgee View Post
wheres the videos at?
Sorry been lazy! I'll take some in a min and post em tonight. I want to get a good vid of cold start, it's damn loud haha.
Appreciate 0