F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Climate control
GetBMWParts

07-13-2013, 01:43 AM   #1
Grale
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i MSport F30

Climate control

In my last bmw E90 if you left the climate control on when turning off the car, say at fan speed no. 4. When you returned to the car next day it would remember the setting. Turn it off and it would still be off on your returning startup, leave it on and it would on ect..

But my F30 decides to always start with climate on and at fan speed 1. It's driving me nuts, especially if it's a hot day and I forgot to turn it off on startup!

Is there anyway to default this to off?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2013, 02:19 AM   #2
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i xdrive

There have been many posts on this mate.

The AC is synced to the fob, push M then 1 on the seat button with the AC off and that's how it will start up when you get back in the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2013, 02:54 AM   #3
Grale
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Sorry the search brought up no results that i could find.

Will look into the settings, never seen M though. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2013, 03:17 AM   #4
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grale View Post
never seen M though. Thanks
It's on the seat next to the 1 & 2.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2013, 03:49 AM   #5
Grale
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Sorry mate I don't have any controls on my seat other than the rocker for side seat adjustment.

Edit: I think iv'e worked it out. Make the changes you want to climate control/ driving mode ect and hold down lock on the keyfob before leaving the car.

Last edited by Grale; 07-13-2013 at 04:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2013, 02:44 AM   #6
Grale
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Ok forget that, it doesn't work.

I have two fobs one starts with heater on at 28temp and the other at 16 temp. If I have no memory button on my seat how do I store the last climate control settings?
Maybe this is meant to be done automatically but it's not?

Thanks this is driving me nuts!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2013, 03:21 AM   #7
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Ok forget that, it doesn't work.

I have two fobs one starts with heater on at 28temp and the other at 16 temp. If I have no memory button on my seat how do I store the last climate control settings?
Maybe this is meant to be done automatically but it's not?

Thanks this is driving me nuts!
Have you read the manual regarding profiles?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2013, 03:32 AM   #8
Grale
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Have you read the manual regarding profiles?
Yes i have created a profile with my name. Still it says nothing in the manual (that i can see) on how to save the settings of climate control. This is why i was starting to think it should save them automatically when exiting the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2013, 03:37 AM   #9
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Yes i have created a profile with my name. Still it says nothing in the manual (that i can see) on how to save the settings of climate control. This is why i was starting to think it should save them automatically when exiting the vehicle.
OK, I thought saving a new profile would set the climate too

My settings are always as I left them on my car. I only use one key.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2013, 03:52 AM   #10
Grale
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I will try again delete all profiles and setup up a new one.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2013, 07:37 AM   #11
ukbeemerboy
Beemer Heaven
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
In my last bmw E90 if you left the climate control on when turning off the car, say at fan speed no. 4. When you returned to the car next day it would remember the setting. Turn it off and it would still be off on your returning startup, leave it on and it would on ect..

But my F30 decides to always start with climate on and at fan speed 1. It's driving me nuts, especially if it's a hot day and I forgot to turn it off on startup!

Is there anyway to default this to off?
Why are you even touching the Climate? Set it at 20 with a/c on and in auto and it will do the rest for you. Don't have any issues with our F30, its set as it was left and we use two keys.

The fan speed is different on the F30 though as this controls the "intensity" of the conditioning so if you set it at 4 it will stay there were as in the E90 is is variable on the scale depending on the requirements needed...
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #12
Grale
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I may have worded my post a bit vague sorry.

What i meant was the fan speed not the air con. I'm not touching the air con that's not the problem. The problem is that even if i reset all of the profiles and start from scratch. The fan speed always reverts to 22 degrees and fan speed 1 when switching on the car.

I cannot find a way for it to start without having the fan come on at 22 degrees and speed 1. Even if i turn off the fan, turn off car, lock car and come back later it still starts at 22 degrees!!

I know there must be a way to program this as my second key fob starts at 16 degrees and fan speed 1 upon entering the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #13
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330e MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukbeemerboy View Post
Why are you even touching the Climate? Set it at 20 with a/c on and in auto and it will do the rest for you. Don't have any issues with our F30, its set as it was left and we use two keys.

The fan speed is different on the F30 though as this controls the "intensity" of the conditioning so if you set it at 4 it will stay there were as in the E90 is is variable on the scale depending on the requirements needed...
Exact settings and process as me!!! Works a treat!

Quote:
I may have worded my post a bit vague sorry.

What i meant was the fan speed not the air con. I'm not touching the air con that's not the problem. The problem is that even if i reset all of the profiles and start from scratch. The fan speed always reverts to 22 degrees and fan speed 1 when switching on the car.

I cannot find a way for it to start without having the fan come on at 22 degrees and speed 1. Even if i turn off the fan, turn off car, lock car and come back later it still starts at 22 degrees!!

I know there must be a way to program this as my second key fob starts at 16 degrees and fan speed 1 upon entering the car.
Something is not right as my car seems to save the last setting.... Have you tried to save your profile after you set the new temp?
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2013, 11:28 AM   #14
Grale
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkata View Post
Exact settings and process as me!!! Works a treat!

Something is not right as my car seems to save the last setting.... Have you tried to save your profile after you set the new temp?
That's it... For me i setup everything as you would like. Radio, volume, heater status, driving mode ect. Then go to profiles press and hold over the selected profile until it turns grey. That then stores the current settings for when you re-enter the car.
Appreciate 0