E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > OT: Las Vegas Hotels

10-02-2007, 03:52 PM   #1
BC4J
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
2007 E90 335d  [0.00]
OT: Las Vegas Hotels

I've decided to go to Vegas next summer and wonder if anyone has experience of the hotels there - which would you recommend? So far I'm considering: The Mirage, Bellagio, The Mandalay Bay, Ritz-Carlton and the Four Seasons.

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2007, 09:25 PM   #2
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC4J View Post
I've decided to go to Vegas next summer and wonder if anyone has experience of the hotels there - which would you recommend? So far I'm considering: The Mirage, Bellagio, The Mandalay Bay, Ritz-Carlton and the Four Seasons.

The Mirage is a bit old now - and you can see it in the fixtures and fittings. The Bellagio and Mandalay Bay are two best hotels in your list, although I prefer staying at the Mandalay as opposed to the Bellagio as the Mandalay is at the end of the strip so a bit quieter in the evenings. Alternatively you could stay at the Venetian, which is beautiful, or Caesars (which is expensive!)

Whichever one you go to the service will be great, and the noise from the slot machines incredible. But if you want sheer luxury, I'd probably choose the Venetian out of all of them (and I've stayed in all of them!! don't ask... )
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 01:28 AM   #3
BC4J
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2007 E90 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post
The Mirage is a bit old now - and you can see it in the fixtures and fittings. The Bellagio and Mandalay Bay are two best hotels in your list, although I prefer staying at the Mandalay as opposed to the Bellagio as the Mandalay is at the end of the strip so a bit quieter in the evenings. Alternatively you could stay at the Venetian, which is beautiful, or Caesars (which is expensive!)

Whichever one you go to the service will be great, and the noise from the slot machines incredible. But if you want sheer luxury, I'd probably choose the Venetian out of all of them (and I've stayed in all of them!! don't ask... )
Thanks E92Fan. I have the same concerns re The Mirage, for Vegas it is getting on a bit. Interesting about The Venetian - I just need to convince my wife as she's not too keen on 'fake' gondolas! But let's face it, everything in Vegas is about being fake, so what the hell. I've stayed in the Four Seasons previously (Phoenix) and it was fantastic, service impeccable. But the cost is mammoth, so may need to find the best compromise. You obviously like Vegas!

Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 05:52 AM   #4
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC4J View Post
Thanks E92Fan. I have the same concerns re The Mirage, for Vegas it is getting on a bit. Interesting about The Venetian - I just need to convince my wife as she's not too keen on 'fake' gondolas! But let's face it, everything in Vegas is about being fake, so what the hell. I've stayed in the Four Seasons previously (Phoenix) and it was fantastic, service impeccable. But the cost is mammoth, so may need to find the best compromise. You obviously like Vegas!

Uh, yeeesss... well, actually I don't like Vegas all that much !! It's just the poker tournaments are held there and I've done a few of those..!! Everything about Vegas is fake - whether it be the gondolas at the Venetian or the Egyptian sphynxs at the Luxor, or the roman gods at Caesars... (have you seen the Excalibur hotel??!! ) At the end of the day, you want a nice place to stay with great service which doesn't cost the earth - ie. the Venetian

The Four Seasons in Vegas is lovely - it's a non-gaming hotel in the Mandalay Bay complex. So it's a lot quieter. And the spa is fantastic. But it's mega bucks! Don't stay at the Luxor - it's nasty. Oh, and it's the favoured place for people to commit suicide, as they can jump off the top floor and fall straight down the atrium
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 05:53 AM   #5
silverbmwz3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: X5 g05

Garage List
I stayed at The Hotel @ Mandalay Bay (the new boutique bit) and it was awesome. Flat panel screen in the lounge of the suite, flat panel in the bedroom, flat panel tv in the bathroom - which had two massive his and hers showers. At Vegas prices it wasn't too bad either. Mind you, we were getting married there, and no elvis was not invited

http://www.mandalaybay.com/persona/T...-thehotel_Corp

It is down at one end of the strip but very convenient for the airport (next to it) and also for any helicoptor flights.
You simply MUST do the night flight down the strip. Then you get to take pics like the attached if you have the right camera.

Also two pics of the hotel suite lounge....nice
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 05:58 PM   #6
BC4J
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2007 E90 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbmwz3 View Post
I stayed at The Hotel @ Mandalay Bay (the new boutique bit) and it was awesome. Flat panel screen in the lounge of the suite, flat panel in the bedroom, flat panel tv in the bathroom - which had two massive his and hers showers. At Vegas prices it wasn't too bad either. Mind you, we were getting married there, and no elvis was not invited

http://www.mandalaybay.com/persona/T...-thehotel_Corp

It is down at one end of the strip but very convenient for the airport (next to it) and also for any helicoptor flights.
You simply MUST do the night flight down the strip. Then you get to take pics like the attached if you have the right camera.

Also two pics of the hotel suite lounge....nice
Thanks for the info. I also spoke to some guys at work who've been there. They recommended Venetian, Bellagio or Wynn Vegas. One even went for Caesar's Palace, which I thought was now pretty past it. Four Seasons is a definite cost issue, but my wife is pretty keen. She loved the one in Phoenix and wants more of the same.

Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 06:41 PM   #7
bartman32
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
Ceasar's is DEFINATELY getting old!
Wynn is Gorgeous if you can afford it. That place is pricey!
Venetian is beautiful as is Bellagio and Mandaly Bay. It all depends if you want to be where the action is. Mandalay is way at one end of the strip so if you plan on going up and down the strip it can be inconvienient. Also Wynn is as far as you can get on the other side. It's the newest and nicest hotel. However it is across the street from the mall on the strip. It's fairly close to the Venetian. Venetian is a little more centrally located and a little more affordable. Still a very nice hotel. Can you believe the gondollas at the Venetian are more expensive than the ones in Venice!
Beliagio is at the center of the strip but set back so it stays fairly quite. If you get a high room with a lake view its really pretty at night when they do their water shows. I enjoyed that place as well.

Good luck on your trip!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 02:20 AM   #8
silverbmwz3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: X5 g05

Garage List
I believe we had breakfast at the four seasons one morninmg which was nice. The hotel @ mandalay seemed a lot less tired than the others. We had a meal in the bellagio and they were playing som kind of game in the restaurant.... It seemed a bit in your face to me. There's a free overhead train thing that takes you along the strip (or at least to the centre of the action) and there's usually plenty to explore at each hote to not have to go up and down the strip too many times for it to be a problem IMHO. Basically I don't think you can go far wrong, just try and go for one of the newer/more upmarket places if they fit the budget as you are almost assured a nice trip then I would say!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 03:31 AM   #9
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Just one thing to watch... there is tons of construction next to the Bellagio on the Harmon Corridor. They're building the Cosmopolitan around the Jockey Club and MGM Project City Centre, so I'd bare that in mind when deciding.

My vote would go for The Hotel, but have a look on TripAdvisor for more info....

http://las-vegas-hotels.tripadvisor....da-Hotels.html
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 04:15 AM   #10
choiffer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i Coupe

Garage List
2008 335i Coupe  [0.00]
2006 G35 Coupe  [0.00]
Definately Wynn Hotel. There's a Ferarri and Maserati dealership there too =D and a Neiman Marcus... if you want to blow some money on expensive clothes lol.
      10-04-2007, 05:14 AM   #11
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 530d MSpt

stayed in Las Vegas for 2 weeks in 2005.....it was work hence 2 weeks....and i would recommend the Wynn or Mandalay Bay. Bellagio is nice but always packed out....still, nice fountains!!
Appreciate 0