E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Wet carpet driver side foot weel

09-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
konradsa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i E90

Wet carpet driver side foot weel

Hi,

I got a 2008 328i, and I have noticed in the last couple of weeks a wet carpet in the driver side foot well area. The carpet is wet under the all weather floor mat I have, in the area of he brake pedal and the foot rest. I don't feel any wetness in the carpet above or to the side, but it may dried since.

It has rained heavily here two days ago, and I also got a car wash yesterday. I also used the A/C a couple of days ago during the rain, it was very hot and humid. The previous time I noticed a wet carpet there was heavy rain, but it had rained a couple of times since and the problem didn't resurface. I thought it was maybe due to me having left the sun roof cracked open during rain or A/C condensation.

So what I did is to run water down the sunroof drain to see if that one is clogged. However, that water seems to run out fine under the car on both sides. Any other suggestion what I should investigate? Could this be covered under CPO? I still have a couple of months left.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 05:12 PM   #2
GMWNashville
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 G05, 16 F80, 10 E70x5D

Water leaks aren't covered under Cpo from what I know. Ever have a windshield installed? Possibly a vapor barrier?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #3
konradsa
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkswackin View Post
Water leaks aren't covered under Cpo from what I know. Ever have a windshield installed? Possibly a vapor barrier?
I bought the car in 2010, at least since then there was no windshield being replaced, nothing had been disclosed to me either when I bought the car. I don't think it's the door's vapor barrier, since I have not seen any water/wetness closer to the door, but I will keep an eye on it.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 10:14 AM   #4
konradsa
Private First Class
Rep

i checked the sun roof drains, they seem to be okay. I also checked the cowl drain on each side, they seem okay as well. I tried running the AC for a while yesterday, but it's pretty cool now here and not very humid, so I didn't see any condensation. Will try when it's warmer again. But if that's the issue, then i shouldn't see any wetness all winter long.

I spoke to someone who had the same issue, he said that his issue was due to water coming in from the hood release cable. Can anybody tell me how to check that? I was looking for some instruction on how to access this cable at the firewall, but couldn't find anything.

How about this cowl TSB? Could I get them to do the work as warranty, even though car is only under CPO coverage now?

One thing I forgot to mention before, the car had an accident about 1 1/2 years ago, where it was struck on the front left side, the side where there seems to be the leak now. Some maybe something at the firewall there wasn't properly reconnected.
Appreciate 0