E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Squeaky suspension? +Remap queries

09-15-2013, 05:59 AM   #1
HamzR
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 M-sport 320d

Squeaky suspension? +Remap queries

Right first of all hi everyone! New to this so apologies if it sounds like a broken record (about the remap stuff) i bought a late 2010 e92 m-sport 320d [184] in Le Mans blue. Still got the dealer warranty till DEC this year.

I took it back to them because in the rain the two front suspension arms squeak when the car goes over speed bumps, they told me they replaced it and obviously with summer I never got to check. It rained yesterday and guess what it's back? It's going back again but can anyone hazard a guess as to what it is?

Remap wise just need info really, stage 2/3 dpf egr and cat internals or not (worried about it sounding wrong ) and black soot issues from exhaust if I go ahead with it!

I did have a mate attempt my remap (yep not a good story ) but in my car the actual circuit board has to come out of the ecu casing ? Was news to me. After it went back in car didn't start and I drive showed me 50faults
It cost 2k to fix from BMW
Which was wavered due to the warranty (lucky escape)

So to the experts! Suspension root cause? And info on the map ? And ill take any abuse for the hash up of a remap job, tbf I'm not sure he knew what he was doing. He wasn't even a mate, what you get when your older bro pressures you to do it!

Thanks in advance guys

Hamz
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #2
HamzR
Registered
Rep

Starting to think it was pointless signing up to this forum......
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #3
avocet
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i 2011 X5d

You realize your initial post was 4 am pacific time? We are not sitting here waiting for you to post so we can answer your questions.

But my issue with squeaking over speed bumps was the strut spring pads, according to my service adviser who was generally full of shit.

It was warrantied and haven't thought about it since(3 yrs ago and around 40,000km)
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #4
HamzR
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocet View Post
You realize your initial post was 4 am pacific time? We are not sitting here waiting for you to post so we can answer your questions.

But my issue with squeaking over speed bumps was the strut spring pads, according to my service adviser who was generally full of shit.

It was warrantied and haven't thought about it since(3 yrs ago and around 40,000km)
Tbh I didn't know it was a US forum, feel abit stupid now! Apologies

Kinda makes sense now ha!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
youngdoc1
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X4 M40i

Squeaky suspension over speed bumps - have had the same problem with my 128i as well, and when I searched the forums it seems that the e9x has this issue as well. Brought it into dealer twice during warranty, and control arm bushings were replaced with "updated part". No change really, only notice it on big speed bumps if its chilly out or rainy.

I've read accounts of people having their entire suspension changed, with the sound coming back. I wouldn't worry about it.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 10:57 PM   #6
floydarogers
Curmudgeon and Pedant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d, 2014 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamzR View Post
Tbh I didn't know it was a US forum, feel abit stupid now! Apologies

Kinda makes sense now ha!
There is a UK section - poke around "up" in the tree...
Appreciate 0