E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > a story that made me angry/e90 misfire

09-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #1
NikosBM
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

a story that made me angry/e90 misfire

2009 Monaco Blue e90 335i (67000 km)

Early in Jan of this year i brought my car in for some front end suspenion work. I ended up going back 8 times total because the dealer (Otto's BMW Ottawa ON) could not either a) find the problem or b) they broke something new and caused a new problem. i.e. wrong instrument cluster was put in 3 times, and one was defective

Last time I went in to finally fix everything, they said my spark plugs needed changing. I decided to change them myself.

2 weeks later, I cold start my car in the am and it misfires big time (white chuggy smoke).

I bring it to my indy and he said it is the HPFP. I bring it to BMW, they read the codes and troubleshoot say it is sparks and coils.

When I brought my car home, I opened the hood to inspect what I need to do to change the spark plugs and realize that the dealer did not put back all of the plastic engine compartment pieces and well as my cabin air filter.

I am blown away that I even have to deal with this... these dealerships have no respect for your money or time. Worst part... this is the only dealer around me...
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #2
1chanc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 335i

You can file a complain with BMW corporate. Be thorough and depending on your situation, they can reprimand the dealership and get you help.
      09-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
nt890
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 328I X-drive

I hear you man. I brought my car 3 days ago for longer start up time in the morning. Long crank time but they came up with nothing wrong. So i picked up the car a day after. Today i went in the car to go to work. Didnt start at all. All it does is cranks but doesnt start. Just got it towed to the dealership and waiting for the call. most of the time dealers dont even try to find out a problem unless its obvious. they take our complains lightly. Even though we paid for the damn warranty and service.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #4
techwhiz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic

My car in for an O2 sensor for a week!
Took it in with codes showing.
Came back and told me my battery was bad and needed to be replaced before they could proceed. $500; felt like I was being packed with sand.
Do that and still didn't change the O2 sensor. Asks me if it had been running rough. Look at the eff'n codes. Bad O2 sensor will cause rough running. Sheesh.
Finally this morning the car threw the code again.

They start looking for Zebras when they hear hooves. It's horses you morons!! Do you see some dang stripes???

I know more about how the cars works that the mechanics. I actually understand closed and open loop control systems.

New cars, are one big complicated control system.
You must fix the major fault showing, before you can move on.

Last edited by techwhiz; 09-16-2013 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: More info.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #5
Harry335i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

You are right. Unless the problem is staring them in the face or is detailed in a TSB( so they don't have to do any trouble shooting) they can't find anything wrong. Had to take mine back 3-4 times until they finally found a TSB to fix the problem. My X5 came in every time in limp mode. No question mine had problems.
Appreciate 0