M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

09-23-2013, 01:13 PM   #1
ManhattanBMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13 M6

iOS7, iTunes Radio, and the Batmobile

I have an iPhone 5 (just updated to iOS7), with a 5S on order, and a 2013 F13 M6 Coupe with the latest BMW software update (multimedia MX-003.005.004 and telephone TX-003.005.005 and .006, as I just had my software updated last week). For those who are wondering, my Bluetooth connection works, and I have found a way for iTunes Radio (a new and useful feature of iOS7) to work in my car.

Here is how I was able to use iTunes radio in my car (and if anyone has a better way, I am open to suggestions):

1. Go to the iTunes Radio station you want to listen to on your iPhone.
2. Connect your iPhone to the USB connection in the center armrest.
3. Hit Play on your iPhone to play that iTunes Radio Station.
4. Go to Media on the iDrive, and select your iPhone.
5. The iTunes Radio station will now play on your car, and for the first song, the song information will appear on your screen, but it does not appear for subsequent songs. You can use the iDrive controls to move forward in the iTunes Radio playlist, however, it does not appear to repeat past songs when going backwards.
6. If you want to change iTunes Radio stations, then you have to go to your iPhone and make that change to a different station.

Sounds great, and I like the iTunes Radio stations.

As for the Batmobile moniker for my car, I just learned today that colleagues of mine have been referring to my car as the Batmobile. Sounds OK to me, as the M6 Coupe has the sinister appearance, performance, and gadgetry of the Batmobile. So if the M5 is the Beast, then maybe the M6 is the Batmobile.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #2
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M5, 18 ZL1 1LE, 18 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanBMW View Post
I have an iPhone 5 (just updated to iOS7), with a 5S on order, and a 2013 F13 M6 Coupe with the latest BMW software update (multimedia MX-003.005.004 and telephone TX-003.005.005 and .006, as I just had my software updated last week). For those who are wondering, my Bluetooth connection works, and I have found a way for iTunes Radio (a new and useful feature of iOS7) to work in my car.

Here is how I was able to use iTunes radio in my car (and if anyone has a better way, I am open to suggestions):

1. Go to the iTunes Radio station you want to listen to on your iPhone.
2. Connect your iPhone to the USB connection in the center armrest.
3. Hit Play on your iPhone to play that iTunes Radio Station.
4. Go to Media on the iDrive, and select your iPhone.
5. The iTunes Radio station will now play on your car, and for the first song, the song information will appear on your screen, but it does not appear for subsequent songs. You can use the iDrive controls to move forward in the iTunes Radio playlist, however, it does not appear to repeat past songs when going backwards.
6. If you want to change iTunes Radio stations, then you have to go to your iPhone and make that change to a different station.

Sounds great, and I like the iTunes Radio stations.

As for the Batmobile moniker for my car, I just learned today that colleagues of mine have been referring to my car as the Batmobile. Sounds OK to me, as the M6 Coupe has the sinister appearance, performance, and gadgetry of the Batmobile. So if the M5 is the Beast, then maybe the M6 is the Batmobile.
The M6 is the beast.
Think Pkilla.
Cocaine interior.
Oreo.
Stocks.
Loving them stocks.
Top of the line.
Appreciate 0