E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Error Codes- Limp Mode

10-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #1
JRP
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325 xi

Error Codes- Limp Mode

I received the following error codes on my E90 325 xi-
P0442
P1056
P1030
P1561

Plus the car goes into limp mode, when it decides to. Car is not reliable now.

I just had the dealer change the valvetronic motor and eccentric shaft sensor, per dealer diagnostics, and it cost me over $1600! They also suggested a new gas cap too, but forgot to install it (but I paid for one!) That there just turned me off too. All this work was supposed to take care of the car going into limp mode, lack of power, and sometimes; not even starting up, or no throttle response.

The car is still having the same problems as it went in for. I am not happy. I have not talk to dealer yet because All they want to do is charge $90 every time they plug the OBD scanner in to it and tell me a code. I feel the dealer is just playing parts changer at this point. Any suggestions on what I should do for a next step?

The engine also has a small air pumping sound coming from the left firewall area...dealer said don't worry about it...no error code showed up (felt like saying btw...what happen to human diagnostics...they seem to rely on scanners these days). The sound is intermittent; pumping sound stops after it pumps for awhile, then will come back on after a minute or 2. I believe my issues with the engine are related to that air pumping sound...never had the noise before!

I can do pretty much take on any DIY project. I have a full blown shop facility on our farm, with a lot to of toys in it! We work on a lot of big machinery so this car doesn't scare me at all. Just needed a little guidance with this little Beemer. Gets old dropping off the car to dealer then picking it up with a big bill for a few hours and a Thank you. Thanks in advance. Jon
Appreciate 0