E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Auto Day/Night Navigation

10-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, M-Sport

Garage List
Auto Day/Night Navigation

So is there any way to have the auto day/night function programmed into the CIC nav system so that the maps will change with the headlights? I know this is standard in the F models, but haven't found any threads on possibly getting it into the ExxLCIs. (I'm assuming its just not possible with the CCC systems)

Your thoughts?

My Picture Threads (Oldest to Newest): 1 2 3
Join BMW CCA! (Use my link and I get credit )
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #2
JustinGTP
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '13 MINI Paceman JCW

I programmed it in mine, it showed the option on iDrive, but it does not work. We are missing a sensor.

I programmed my 6 button to be a quick access to night mode. I just hit the 6 and it changes. Bam. Done.
'09 LCI 335i E90 in BSM over Oyster Dakota Leather, Manual, Sport, Navigation, Individual Audiophile, Executive, Active Steering, JB4 + MHD BEF, 335is Exhaust w/AWE Tuning Tips, AFE DCI, Euro Tails/Fog Light Switch, various painted and other OEM + mods, 19" M5 reps summer
'13 MINI Cooper S Paceman JCW R61in Light White & Black Roof/Mirror Caps/Sport Stripes, Loaded + Rare
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #3
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinGTP View Post
I programmed it in mine, it showed the option on iDrive, but it does not work. We are missing a sensor.

I programmed my 6 button to be a quick access to night mode. I just hit the 6 and it changes. Bam. Done.
Good call with the shortcut. It's just one of those things that irks the heck out of me (considering that I even had it in my 2004 mazda, I wouldn't expect a 2011 bmw to be lacking such a simple comfort.

Do you think it's a sensor that is lacking or just a reference? I wonder if there is a place to terminate a wire on the cic that could be run from the headlight sensor (assuming this is how it is done in the newer cars). That is to say, is it a physical connection to the sensor or just a reference in the programming to the existing sensor or headlight switch that is missing? Hmmmm...

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #4
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Search, please... there are several threads already discussing this.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 05:12 PM   #5
fatass
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: none

That's useful. Not
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 07:39 AM   #6
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Search, please... there are several threads already discussing this.
I did search, but in the wrong subforum (this one)...my bad there.

However, in the nav subforum which I did not notice, there do not seem to be any threads which have resolved this issue (unless you can point me in the right direction). The sticking point seems to be the sensor reference. I wonder if anyone can get their hands on the wiring diagrams for the 2011 vs 2014 systems to see what may be different (if anything).

Appreciate 0
      10-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #7
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRotor View Post
I did search, but in the wrong subforum (this one)...my bad there.

However, in the nav subforum which I did not notice, there do not seem to be any threads which have resolved this issue (unless you can point me in the right direction). The sticking point seems to be the sensor reference. I wonder if anyone can get their hands on the wiring diagrams for the 2011 vs 2014 systems to see what may be different (if anything).
I do not think that this is a sensor issue, this is simply an (E9x) CIC software issue related to the light switch software detection interface -there's none in the E9x CIC.
Appreciate 0