F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > SoCal Track Day! AutoClub Speedway 11/23-24
GetBMWParts

11-20-2013, 01:05 AM   #1
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

SoCal Track Day! AutoClub Speedway 11/23-24

SoCal Track Day! AutoClub Speedway 11/23-24

ExtremeSpeed Track Events will be at AutoClub Speedway (ACS) on Sat 11/23 and Sun 11/24

- Course Configuration Full Roval

The price is $160! That is SUPER cheap for ACS! I don't think I've ever seen it that cheap before for this track

https://www.extremespeedtrackevents.com/

Any specific questions you may have, please direct it to them.

This is a join event with www.RedlineTimeAttack.com:

Please register there if you want to run with them (same price)

Last edited by persian54; 11-20-2013 at 01:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #2
F30SD
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Waiting on 335i MG Sportline

What time is the event? How many laps?? Is it 160 for 2 days or each day? Can I go just on Sunday?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #3
estoril335
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i estoril blue on red!

^
+1

How many times do we get to race? laps? hours? all day?
2015 GT-R Black Edition - Midnight Blue (Current Wknd)
1990 300zx Built Twin Turbo - Black (Current race car)
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30SD View Post
What time is the event? How many laps?? Is it 160 for 2 days or each day? Can I go just on Sunday?
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by estoril335 View Post
^
+1

How many times do we get to race? laps? hours? all day?

$160 each day, so you can pick which day you want to go.

There is no track available where you can go for $160 for 2 days lol. that's super cheap . I wish it was that cheap to track lol
AutoClub is usually $200-250, so even at 160 you're saving big.

You should be at the track ~7-7:30.

I believe there will be 4-5 20-25 sessions for the day (that's how it usually is). Number of Laps depends on the driver… faster drivers can go around more times than super slow drivers lol

Please email them directly for more specific info:
Info@extremespeedtrackevents.com
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #5
SergioK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Sometimes price shouldn't be the only factor. With no instructor sitting shotgun you get what you pay for.

I'd reckcon this guy didn't get the bargain he thought he did.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #6
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergioK View Post
Sometimes price shouldn't be the only factor. With no instructor sitting shotgun you get what you pay for.
I've unfortunately seen my own fair share of crashes, it sucks.
That guy went in too hot. He should have just kept going straight when it was obvious he couldn't make the turn…..
That's a Speed Ventures event… they aren't cheap… they're pricey… I remember paying ~$200+ when I went with them (a year and a half ago? I don't do AutoClub much, I prefer Buttonwilow and Big Willow)
Crashes are unfortunately part of driving, be it tracks, canyons, freeways, streets, etc. We either run the risk of someone hitting us, we hitting an object, something coming in front of us, losing control, etc etc every time we get behind the wheel. Best way to prepare for it is to be alert, have your car maintained, don't have a big ego, and drive as skillfully as you can. Unfortunately though, there will be times where, no matter how great of a driver you are….. if someone is going to hit you (on track or off), there may be nothing you can do about it…

Can you name a HPDE event where EVERYONE gets an instructor for every session? I don't know of any… Would love to know. Unless you're referring to BMW CCA… which I haven't personally been to, but I haven't heard one positive thing about them from the people whom I've been tracking with these past few years. Apparently they're really restrictive on how you can drive, how fast, and the type of cars you can take….. but I've never used them personally so I don't have anything I can truly base their program on other than other people's opinions and thoughts.

At least with Extreme, you get free beginner's instruction, which is a nice help. I obviously haven't needed it for years, but when i first started, it helped me get my feet wet.

You're of course able to pay for private all day instruction. Not sure on the cost, you need to check the website. I did this when I first started tracking and it helped big time in getting the line down, when to brake, etc; I recommend this for everyone to do at least a few times. It really helps you become a better driver and learn the track better.

I myself have gone off at Big Willow before, and this was at an higher-end (mostly Porsches/Ferraris/GTRs and such) event with very little cars (35 the whole day? I forgot).
But this was due to my own misjudgment as I went session after session and didn't check my brakes before this last session... (it was after this event I went and bought a StopTech Trophy BBK with Endless pads).
Unfortunately, even had I had an instructor that day, it wouldn't have changed what happened at the turn. It is the driver's responsibility to keep track of his car and it slipped my mind and I had to pay for it. Fortunately though, damage was minimal and I was able to get things repaired for cheap; I don't recall it costing more than $1k (been ~2 years since then, hence why my memory on it is a bit fuzzy)
Appreciate 0