BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

11-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
w5pwr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Winter wheels/Tyres

What sort of money have people paid for winter tyres/wheels and where did they buy them from?

I didn't bother with them last year and used my X5, but I enjoy my M5 so much particularly on longer journeys I thought I would put some winter tyres on this year and carry on using it.....
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 12:11 PM   #2
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

$4500 US (converted fr Cdn $)

19" factory 345M + Michelin PA4

Cannot find any other aftermarket 19" last year at all. Tried and even ordered a set of 19" aftermarket ones but proved to be failure in clearing the front brake caliper.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2013, 05:35 AM   #3
Gazzerthegreat
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW (2014) F10 M5

Hi,

I just brought mine in preparation for new M5 due in January 2014. I purchased a complete wheel set - 19" x 9" on front and 19" x 10" on rear.

The alloys are identical to BMW with gunmetal grey/5 spoke - Avant Garde M355. I had Winter Continental's put on and it cost £1,750 incl balance, NO filled & free BMW stickers on the alloys. I picked up so no delivery charge, which I think is £40. Very good service and took about 10 days asa had to order tyres from Germany.

Link to their website - www.bmautosport.co.uk

Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 05:33 PM   #4
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Are you sure those alloys are going to fit your incoming F10 M5?

I am struggling to source a set of winter wheels that fit over the calipers. I was going to buy the Avant Garde replica stock wheels and get them refinished in Matt black but even the 20's won't fit. The internal diameter of the wheel is smaller and the spokes are thicker. A supplier refunded me when I purchased them online as he said there is no point in sending them out as they don't fit.

I have since purchased a set of Vossen CV3 reps and these wouldn't even locate on the hub face without wedging on the calipers, front and rear!

Mark at BMAutosport sent me an Ispiri ISR6 20" to try on Friday and whilst this would locate on the hub, you couldn't even slip a piece of paper between the caliper and the inside of the wheel rim.

The stock wheels are about 490mm internal diameter measured across the hub face, the Ispiri wheels were 450mm

I would advise you to check your 19's internal diameter as I doubt they will fit

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #5
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

+1

I haven't seen anyone gone 19" aftermarket yet. If it does work, you are probably the first on this board.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2013, 12:41 PM   #6
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
The only 19's that I think will fit are the stock BMW ones. It's hard enough getting aftermarket 20's to fit!

If the Avant Garde replica 20's don't clear the brakes then I really can't imagine the 19's will.

Whilst they are a very similar design (replica) to the stock BMW wheels they are not strong forged wheels hence the spokes and rims are made of much thicker material which is why reps usually end up weighing quite a lot more too.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 03:28 AM   #7
Gazzerthegreat
United Kingdom
Rep

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info - and bad news

As I haven't got the car yet, I can't be sure if they fit or not. When I ordered I was very specific about the car etc, so worst case is I will have to return to BMauto. I'll keep you posted and thanks for the heads-up.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 08:14 AM   #8
Gazzerthegreat
United Kingdom
Rep

Looks like no one has a clear answer, including dealer, to the measurement of internal clearance for alloys on the M5. BMAuto came up blank as well, so given the experiences of others on the Forum, I have am now returning the after-market alloys for a full refund.

Original 19" BMW alloys now being sought, so not such a bargain as first thought. Better to be safe than sorry in the end.

Thank you for those that put me on the right track.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #9
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
Unless the wheel has an inside diameter of 460mm it will clear the front caliper, not sure what size you need to clear the rears - these are actually worse due to the electric handbrake motors - the stock wheels have 490mm inside diameter
Appreciate 0