E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Pulling the trigger this week!

10-28-2007, 10:57 AM   #1
BMRADCT
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 e90 335xi

Pulling the trigger this week!

I am placing my order for a 335xi sdn this week but I am still in the air on lease vs. buy.
The dealer offered what I think is a good deal. I want 6-speed,crimson red,premium pkg,sport pkg w/ 18in wheels upgrade,cold weather,navi,and comfort access with an MSRP of $49050. They said they will go $500 over invoice but that invoice is about $300 higher in chicago than on edmunds because of advertising, etc costs. They will do a 36month, 15k mile lease at a money factor of .00200 with $0 down for $674.39. That includes $825 acquisition fee. As it turns out, the finance comes out to exactly the same price for 48 months so now im lost, haha.

The part that bugged me was they said in Illinois you spend more on tax in a lease because it is calculated upfront on the total value of the car instead of a monthly usage tax as in other states. Also, I want to sell my 330ci for their offer of $19k to them and keep my equity. They claimed they can not only get me a tax credit but they put on paper that they are giving me $30k to further increase the tax credit and lower the payment. Keep in mind I am keeping the $19. I really dont want to get a tax bill in the mail or something down the road because of this.

If anyone knows about this and can help I will really appreciate it. Thank you in advance and sorry for the long winded post.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2007, 08:54 AM   #2
BMRADCT
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 e90 335xi

Anyone?
Appreciate 0