E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > POI search and the endless list of categories

10-31-2007, 02:21 PM   #1
JLMarx
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

POI search and the endless list of categories

Is there a way to search for a POI without drilling down through all the categories to get to the name/distance search? I can't count the number of times that I have no idea which category to choose and sat in the car for what seemed like an eternity trying each one until I got it right. For example, this past weekend I wanted to go to Goodwill to donate some items. So, is it in "businesses" or "shopping"? Within "shopping", would it be under "general merchandise"? Or maybe "household goods"? Maybe it's "clothing"?

It's frustrating to no end... I just want to search by name and distance. Hopefully there is a way. TIA.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2007, 04:43 PM   #2
Babe
Test here
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMarx View Post
Is there a way to search for a POI without drilling down through all the categories to get to the name/distance search? I can't count the number of times that I have no idea which category to choose and sat in the car for what seemed like an eternity trying each one until I got it right. For example, this past weekend I wanted to go to Goodwill to donate some items. So, is it in "businesses" or "shopping"? Within "shopping", would it be under "general merchandise"? Or maybe "household goods"? Maybe it's "clothing"?

It's frustrating to no end... I just want to search by name and distance. Hopefully there is a way. TIA.
YOU SAID IT...ME TOO. THE ABILITY TO SEARCH BY NAME FIRST..

SOMETIME YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT CATEGORY A BUSINESS IS IN.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2007, 07:28 PM   #3
rambalu80
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
I used to have a 2007 TSX with navi and the POI search was awesome on it. The POI search definitely sucks on the e90. I was trying to find an Audi dealership last weekend and i tried almost every category with absolutely no luck.
Appreciate 0