F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Another Collection....330d F31 M Sport
Extreme Powerhouse

01-24-2014, 01:51 PM   #1
nordberg
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d M Sport

Another Collection....330d F31 M Sport

After what seems an age, I finally took delivery of my car today. Some background....

I was initially looking to source a 320D F31 on Personal Contract Hire. After a bit of shopping around, I realised if I sourced the car via Network/Leaseplan, I would be better off choosing PCP as it worked out about £8 p/mth more expensive. I figured that the £312 increase over the 3 years was a good gamble and may leave with a bit equity to put towards my next car. It also became quickly apparent that BMW finance were not going to come to close to the deal I had in the table from Network.

Order placed with my local dealer(using Network to finance) and for the next few days I kept messing about with the Configurator and I noticed that by the time I'd added the options I wanted to the 320D, I wasn't far away from the 330D in price. I put a speculative call into the finance company and found the 330D was going to cost me an extra fiver p/mth. no brainier and the order was duly changed.

My options were SPG, HFS and Business Media.

Then....I discovered this forum! Read a lot about the various options and in particular the benefits of Professional Media over Business Media. I was convinced, and upgraded my order to Professional Media.

So, in the end my order showed a F31 330d in EBII with Beige Dakota Leather, SPG, HFS and Professional Media. My OTR price showed 22.5% discount from list which I was very pleased with. I only got 5.9% APR which was disappointing as BMW were doing the F31 at 4.9% at the time but I suppose you can't have it all ways....

The car was built 13/12/2013 and arrived at the dealers the first week of January. One sticking point of the third party finance was that once I signed the final docs, they put me under a 14 day cooling off period that meant I couldn't take delivery until today. I'd arranged with the supplying dealer that they would supply a loan car should there be any delays so they gave me anew 320D GT for a week...

That brings me to today. Collected the car bright and early this morning. Handover was a bit mediocre. The guy didn't know as much as me about some things, but he was helpful enough. The car was nicely detailed, not too much and not too little. No freebies or gifts of any kind... I'd specified model deletion from the rear but that seems to have been missed off. I asked about Connected Drive as I understood the dealers could speed things up, but nothing forthcoming. I was keen to check the version of the maps, but the dealer said there was nowhere that displayed the version...of course I knew there was. Stumbled upon it whilst he was showing me something else and they are the 2014 version thankfully.

So off I drove and took it straight down the M62 for about 20 miles. Took it very steady and let it warm up fully before giving it a bit of a squirt on the way back. WOW......It is incredibly quick but so refined that it makes it easy to find yourself heading for a ban! I put my foot down at about 60mph and before I knew it I was fast approaching 90mph. It really does cover ground quickly and effortlessly.

So, limited running today, but happy all the same. Managed 42mpg on my little jaunt down the motorway which I was impressed with considering my accelerator dancing...

No photos as it's been pissing down non-stop today. Will get some up when it stops raining for more than 5 mins and I've had chance to give it a good wash.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 01:58 PM   #2
Proftinkerpot
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport -Superman

Best of luck with it. I can sympathise on the rain front. I collected my car on 11 January and there has been rajn every single day since 12 January!!! Enjoy the car anyway.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 02:01 PM   #3
Rich9600
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

So, glad about your un driven choice then?... Enjoy!
      01-24-2014, 02:09 PM   #4
DazC
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp Pack

Garage List
Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 02:26 PM   #5
nordberg
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich9600 View Post
So, glad about your un driven choice then?... Enjoy!
What do you think??
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 03:13 PM   #6
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Shame on the weather front...at least the beading looks a treat while clean lol.
      01-24-2014, 04:46 PM   #7
PrinceBarin
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 CP (sold)

Congrats Nordberg, really pleased for you. Looking forward to some pics when you get a chance but enjoy your weekend
Appreciate 0