F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Help - headlamp bracket snapped
ARMA SPEED

01-29-2014, 03:45 AM   #1
vigalent
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 318D

Help - headlamp bracket snapped

Hi. Had a small accident in my MY2012 F30 last night and it pushed the front bumper assembly back a small bit and damaged the kidney grilles.

The grilles I intend to replace, but looking this morning I noticed that there a a small angle bracket mounted on top of the headlamp (close to the inside edge of the headlamp) that fixes it to the car that has snapped (I will try and post a pic later).

I've looked on RealOEM to try and find the part number, but can't see it listed.

Does anyone know what the part number for these are so I can order a replacement?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2014, 08:21 AM   #2
KamikazeNY
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i

My hood sits a couple millimeters above my bumper on the driver's side. It has been like that since I took delivery. I brought it to my dealership which also happens to have a BMW certified body shop. They made some adjustments and things were better but still not perfect. I took a look for myself and the bracket you're describing was snapped. When I returned to the dealership they informed me the only way to get that part is to order the entire adaptive xenon headlight assembly. The dealership is covering mine but I think they run around $750. If you've got halogens I think they are closer to $350.

I had to wait nearly 2 weeks for the part. I'm having it installed on Tuesday.

Sorry for the bad news. Maybe see if you can glue it back together?

Last edited by KamikazeNY; 01-31-2014 at 08:29 AM..
Appreciate 0