E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > Group Buy: cp-e E90/E92 Stainless Steel Catback Exhaust!!!

11-08-2007, 02:18 PM   #1
ThinkEntropy
Private
Rep
Drives: Mazdaspeed6

Group Buy: cp-e E90/E92 Stainless Steel Catback Exhaust!!!

Finally, after over a year of development cp-e is finally ready to release the first batch of our highly anticipated catback exhaust systems for both the coupe and sedan 335i. That's right, our system works on both models! There's more good news...

We originally released pricing for the system set at $1575. Since then, we've decided to drop the price further for this first batch of systems. The introductory price is now set at $1199!!

Of course this picture really don't do our exhaust system justice, so to give you a truer representation of the quality of our workmanship, we'll be taking a high quality video of the underside of an installed system. I'll post that up in the next day or two.

Here is a description of the exhaust system taken from our website:

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.cp-e.com
After years of offering only the finest aftermarket components to the Mazda community, we have decided to expand our products into other markets. The 335i stainless steel dual exhaust system is the first cp-e™ product designed for the European market. We believe that our engineering and manufacturing capabilities, as well as our attention to detail will be greatly appreciated in the European market. Even among the fierce competition that is already established in the German tuning community.

First, we urge anyone considering our exhaust system to scrutinize over the details. Our exhaust system requires absolutely no modifications to the vehicle in order to install it. That means no cutting of the stock exhaust! Also, our exhaust fitment is so precise that our dual exhaust a fits both the coupe and the sedan models.

We use only the finest American made ‘super buffed’ 304 stainless steel for superior corrosion resistance and long-term durability. The mufflers we use are custom-made TIG welded stainless mufflers, so the sound of our system will be totally unique. The hangers are not simply straight cut steel rod either. Instead we use stock style stamped hangers that keep the exhaust system from shifting under the car and causing rattling. Our attention to detail is second to none. Boasting TIG welded critical joints, laser cut 3/8” thick flanges, as well as polished and rolled exhaust tips. Plus we include all components necessary for a complete professional installation.

Of course the main purpose of upgrading any exhaust system is to improve the sound characteristics of the vehicle. What is different about our system however is that it isn’t designed for the weekend racer. Although it would more than fit the bill for any track enthusiast. Our exhaust was designed for the discriminating enthusiast who wishes to improve the driving experience of his/her daily driven 335i. To that end, we have tuned the exhaust system to produce virtually no drone and the increase in volume over the stock system is quite modest. In other words, your ears will not be ringing after a trip to and from work. However the change in the tone and character of the sound is substantial. The change brings a deeper, and more exotic sound much like that of a Ferrari V-8. We welcome you to listen our sound clips below to hear what our exhaust system sounds like for yourself!
Dyno Chart (Stock versus Stock + cp-e catback exhaust):

Sound Clips:

Idle
Drive Away
Drive By
Drive Up

We need a minimum of 15 people to make this group buy a reality. If anyone has any questions about our products, our company, or this group buy please don't hesitate to post them up! If you're interested in getting in on this group buy please call us at 301-576-6142 and we'll take down your order info.

Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 02:34 PM   #2
luckyD
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

sing me up im starting to save money today i spoke with justin and i like that you guys have lots of knowledge and your exhaust sounds great im BUYING IT!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 02:38 PM   #3
ThinkEntropy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyD View Post
sing me up im starting to save money today i spoke with justin and i like that you guys have lots of knowledge and your exhaust sounds great im BUYING IT!

That's great, and thanks a lot for the compliment too! If you would, give us a call and we'll sign you up officially!

Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 04:31 PM   #4
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Very nice, sounds great. Unfortunatley I purchased another system. I am happy with it, but if this had been available at the time of purchase I would have supported the local vendor. Good luck, I am sure it will sell like hotcakes.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 07:12 PM   #5
1clean335i
Perf BMW mag issue 147, 159
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: Project Estoril

Garage List
Im in... Any better pics of the mufflers/tips? Is that price shipped?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 07:26 PM   #6
M3SWEETNESS
Watch This!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

SO.... from the info about this exhaust, it sounds bad ass. From the pics I'm also guessing the secondary cats are gone, correct? If we can get some more pictures and of the exhaust and some pics of it installed. I would be down on participating in this GB.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 07:54 PM   #7
sejoon85
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW e92 m3

That sounds good. damn~
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 09:09 PM   #8
Shinchan
LED Rules
Rep
Drives: Sold: 335xi Coupe

wow.. that was awesome...
      11-09-2007, 06:57 AM   #9
Swoop
Resident Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: You Crazy w/ My Rear Fogs

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2004 Acura TSX  [0.00]
Guys, I got the exhaust put on last night and I will guarantee that if you put the top 10 exhausts on the market right now, you will find this one to be the best sounding, HANDS DOWN!------I would bet any amount of money on it.

Honestly, I don't even listen to my radio/cd player anymore....I just listen to my exhaust. Also, just a few notes on the exhaust....IT IS a true bolt-on....If they ship it to you, all you have to do is bolt it on, no cutting whatsoever!!

Additionally, I don't think there needs to be 15 people before you can have this exhaust...These are ready to sell.....BUT, only 15 people will get this kit at this price....

Lastly, I took a lot of pics last night and some video and I hope to take pics today in the daylight....As soon as I get home today I will post them all.

A/W 335i e90 l Sirius l M6 Wheels l M5 Bumper l Eibachs l 20% Tint l CPE Exhaust & Standback l BLK Matte Trim l Xenon Interiors l Lux 4.0 l 8000k D1S l MTEC H7/H11s l Invisibulbs l BLK Matte Grill l Blacklines l Alum Pedals l Splt Armrest l Rear Fogs l RBT l K&N
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 06:59 AM   #10
1clean335i
Vietnam
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
Guys, I got the exhaust put on last night and I will guarantee that if you put the top 10 exhausts on the market right now, you will find this one to be the best sounding, HANDS DOWN!------I would bet any amount of money on it.

Honestly, I don't even listen to my radio/cd player anymore....I just listen to my exhaust. Also, just a few notes on the exhaust....IT IS a true bolt-on....If they ship it to you, all you have to do is bolt it on, no cutting whatsoever!!

Additionally, I don't think there needs to be 15 people before you can have this exhaust...These are ready to sell.....BUT, only 15 people will get this kit at this price....

Lastly, I took a lot of pics last night and some video and I hope to take pics today in the daylight....As soon as I get home today I will post them all.

Will be looking forward to those pics and vids!
      11-09-2007, 09:26 AM   #11
M3SWEETNESS
Watch This!
United_States
Rep

Damn right post them up buddy!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 09:29 AM   #12
marcvtec
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

Pics on car please
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 09:35 AM   #13
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
I want to hear the videos also... swoop, I hope you got a free exhaust out of this deal because you are promoting the crap out of this exhaust.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 09:48 AM   #14
Swoop
Resident Noob
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2004 Acura TSX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
I want to hear the videos also... swoop, I hope you got a free exhaust out of this deal because you are promoting the crap out of this exhaust.
HAhA, thanks, but unfortunately not.....Just promoting a product I am 100% behind...especially when it is something as hard to find as a Perfect exhaust!

A/W 335i e90 l Sirius l M6 Wheels l M5 Bumper l Eibachs l 20% Tint l CPE Exhaust & Standback l BLK Matte Trim l Xenon Interiors l Lux 4.0 l 8000k D1S l MTEC H7/H11s l Invisibulbs l BLK Matte Grill l Blacklines l Alum Pedals l Splt Armrest l Rear Fogs l RBT l K&N
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 10:06 AM   #15
who's ur daddy?
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Canada's first and only 323xi

Does this fit e90 335xi sedans?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 12:00 PM   #16
ThinkEntropy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1clean335i View Post
Im in... Any better pics of the mufflers/tips? Is that price shipped?

The price listed does not include shipping, and I unfortunately can't give you an exact price since we don't know the cost until we actually print out the shipping label. However, I don't think the shipping cost will exceed $50.

The digital camera that we have at our shop was designed at about the same time George Bush Senior was in office, so needless to say, the camera isn't even worth it's weight in pocket lint. But we brought in a nice digital video camera and we'll be taking some clips today to give you a better look at the kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335SWEETNESS View Post
SO.... from the info about this exhaust, it sounds bad ass. From the pics I'm also guessing the secondary cats are gone, correct? If we can get some more pictures and of the exhaust and some pics of it installed. I would be down on participating in this GB.

Yup, you got it, the secondary cats are deleted with this kit. Hang tight and I'll grab some more video clips today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by who's ur daddy? View Post
Does this fit e90 335xi sedans?

That's a good question, and we'd like to find out as well. We know that our system fits both the coupe and the sedan, and if someone would be willing to bring their 335xi by our shop we'd love to test fit our system. So if anyone in the MD. area would like to take us up on the offer please let me know!

So, bear with me and I'll grab some more clips for you guys!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 12:22 PM   #17
1clean335i
Vietnam
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for the response Jordan. One more question, would you suggest I get the resonated set-up since I plan on getting your downpipes early next year as well? Any chance of a sound clip of that?
      11-09-2007, 03:22 PM   #18
ThinkEntropy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1clean335i View Post
Thanks for the response Jordan. One more question, would you suggest I get the resonated set-up since I plan on getting your downpipes early next year as well? Any chance of a sound clip of that?

I just went and spoke to the lead designer of the system, and it sounds a decision was made to nix the resonator option simply because it was too quiet. So we won't be offering resonators with our system, but my honest opinion is that they aren't really needed because the catback is pretty 'hush' to begin with.

Let me ask you: Did you feel the exhaust system in the sound clips was too loud, too quiet, or just right?

Also, here is a short clip of the underside of our exhaust. You can see the buffed finish, and the fact that there are no cut and welds! I'll see if I can get some better shots of the mufflers and tips for you guys.

http://www.cp-e.com/imgs/335iundercarriage.mov
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 03:56 PM   #19
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
I don't mean to be a PITA, but is there any chance that we could see a pic of the car from about 20 feet back? I'm just wondering how much of the mufflers you actually see once its installed since it appears to hang lower then the stock exhaust. Thanks.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 05:07 PM   #20
Swoop
Resident Noob
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2004 Acura TSX  [0.00]
DAMN, it seems my camera had a slight haze or film on it so it seems real blury....but here are a few. I'll get more when the sun comes out

Also, here's the video of cruising speed of 65 MPH with no drone....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 05:12 PM   #21
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Looks awesome. Can't wait to hear a car with it someday. I wish I had held off on my purchase if it sounds close to as good as you say it does.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 05:27 PM   #22
M3SWEETNESS
Watch This!
United_States
Rep

Damn that looks good, Come on people I know theres some more people in need of an exhaust. lol
Appreciate 0