E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > NEED HELP!

02-18-2014, 07:51 PM   #1
Str8Blck328I
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 328I

NEED HELP!

Hey all- I had an interesting thing happen to my 328I-

I had taken to a shop that will not be named here- to have some Powder Coating done on the wheels- I dropped the car off since they doa 1 day service and picked up the car and noticed my ride was all dusty since they had taken it into the shop where they do the coating and sand blasting. I didnt think anything of it at the time other than I would of liked to see them treat my car a little better. I didnt wash the car as I was inclined to at that time since I had to return to have the lug nutz coated since they forgot to do them (this was partly my fault, but I did ask them before I 1st left the car to please do them). SO when I returned a couple of days later and they did my lug nutz- I went home and washed my ride. After washing and starting to add a little quick detailer I really noticed that there was little white spots that were not coming off my car! I then tried a simple compound I use to take lil nicks out and the white (PAINT) was not coming off.....

Long story short- the shop gave me 250$ to have a detailer- do major work on the paint.... I had actually just had the car detailed not a month and a half ago....

So now here is my question and the help I need... IF I was to file a claim with my insurance and have the car repainted would that be the best way to go- or is it best to allow the detailer who is quite good do his work going further into the clear to get that over-spray paint out?

MY car is a 2011 with 40k miles on it- it is Black and honestly I bought it used a year ago... the hood as I have had it detailed a few times now- the 1st shop I used to do the detail showed me that the hood has been repainted before- therefore the rock chips are showing already and since it is JET BLACK- those show even more...

The car was bought at the Encinitas BMW dealer and of course as far as they knew at that time it has never been in an accident.

I am planning on keeping this vehicle for as long as possible.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated guys and gals!

Jesus Loves You!
Appreciate 0