E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Possible attempted theft

02-25-2014, 05:22 PM   #1
fm
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: coming soon

Possible attempted theft

Dear all,

Just a heads up if you live in the North West London (Harrow area). Had both our front doors opened tonight, whilst family was in the house, without even knowing this was done.

Fortunately nothing was taken, or anyone hurt. I assume when they realised people were in the house they left and didn't come in further. Police came and we gave statement etc, but just keep an eye out as the police were fairly certain they were after my car, seeing as nothing else was taken or disturbed. Fortunately again I am the only one in the house who knows where the keys are.

Obviously I don't know the mind set of the intruder, could have been after something else other than the car, but just a heads up to all to lock up and keep valuables stored safely and securely indoors.

FM
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 05:49 PM   #2
JesseJames
JC
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93

Cheers for the heads up
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 05:53 PM   #3
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

It happens all the time. Thieves just look for unlocked houses and cars and always find plenty.

The police have made numerous pleas in my area for people to lock up as many don't even overnight.

You never deserve to have anything stolen, but too many people are a little naive.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 06:40 PM   #4
Kassim786
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320d (E93) M-sport

This happened to me but they used signal jammers, to block the signal to my cars

As others state just tug at the handle before leaving to ensure you cars locked plus look at the red flash under you're rear view mirror, if it's flashing the alarm is active
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 08:52 PM   #5
Digitalize
Photographer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D

Lock your house doors...
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 04:16 AM   #6
no1_jazz
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E30

Keep a Baseball bat within arms reach in your house for the next time they come you can be sure to handle them with absolute care making sure they will never come again
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 06:22 AM   #7
Brian mc21
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E91 320d M Sport

Was talking to a guy local to me last night who was away at work on the rigs at the time leaving his wife and son at home and told me one of three guys spent ten minutes trying to cave his front door in presumably to get the keys to his focus rs or his wife's focus st. Only took the police nearly 25 mins to arrive from the time they were rang.
RVF400
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 06:55 AM   #8
av_guy
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 335D MSport Space Grey

Sorry to hear - glad all is well with you and your family. It seems less people respect others and their property.

I'm in Harrow and we had an attempted break-in with us asleep (kids were at grandparents home just a few miles away thankfully).

My wife's car was on the drive and mine was tucked away at my parents home in the garage, under CCTV surveillance and external alarm. No attempt at my wife's sub £3000 motor but they damaged my new double glazing (conservatory doors, front window and front doors) with alarm going mad. The double glazing did not give way (German profile solid locking we specified). So £3000 later, we are back to new - I intend to put window and door alarms on now. I have put on some powerful LED floodlights and some of my neighbours want to know where I got them as they like them!

Oh and did I mention, I did go out with a baton (that happened to be in the room) having seen one of the chaps - he scarpered but also broke the lock on the side. I would use all reasonable (maybe a little more) force to defend my family and our belongings that we worked hard for. Maybe, I would just hold back, as you just do not know what these people are capable of...
E90 LCI 335D MSport|Space Grey|Sunroof|Visibility|F&R Sensors|Leccy Fold Ext Dim Int & Ext Mirrors|Media Pack Pro|Voice & USB|DAB & DVB|HK L7|Black Leather|Leccy Seats|Lumbar & Heat|Type 313 19" Performance Pack Wheels|Trackstar|Protect & Care|Service Inclusive
Appreciate 0