F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Radial Tire Company in Silver Spring
Extreme Powerhouse

03-22-2014, 11:11 PM   #1
1N54E92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM F30 M-Sport

Angry Radial Tire Company in Silver Spring

Not happy with the service. I took the car in for a flat repair today (Saturday 03/22). I was told the tire would be patched when I stopped by two weeks ago but instead it was plugged. I paid and left. As I get on the highway , I feel slight vibration but I am thinking no biggie. As I brake from around 70 mph , the whole car vibrates alot. I mean huge difference from my ride down to the shop. So I return to the shop, ask them to check the car out but they are not too pleased because they are extremely busy. I asked the wheel to be checked for balance and they reluctantly agree to the check and says we'll torque the wheel. I am thinking "didnt they torque it before?" . I wait ten minutes and the car is brought back and the tech insists that it is my brakes. I agree that I had a very slight vibration but nothing like what it is doing after being in their shop. The tech says " Oh, your car definitely has problems, during the test drive when I came to a stop to turn around , the car's engine cut off for no reason and I had to start it again, you really need to have the BMW dealership check that out". So I say "did you come to a complete stop?" . He says "yes". That's the ASS ! Auto Start and Stop ! Then he says "Oh" . I get home and wash the car . I find 3 scratches and two knicks from the air wrench on the same wheel the shop had worked on today. I cant believe this crap! I am not taking my car to this place again. I will be calling rim doctors to see if they can repair it. damn it !

F30 328i M-Sport (current), F30 328i Luxury (retired), E92 335i Sports ( retired), E30 325 ( retired)

Last edited by 1N54E92; 03-24-2014 at 09:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 02:56 PM   #2
1N54E92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM F30 M-Sport

Update, this shop used a can of fix-a-flat and plug to fix my slow leak. This is not the way to fix a flat, not what they promised they would do. I had to pay extra to get all the gunk off the wheel and new TPMS sensor was installed . I would NOT recommend this shop even if they advertise in the local BMW "der Bayerische" magazine.

F30 328i M-Sport (current), F30 328i Luxury (retired), E92 335i Sports ( retired), E30 325 ( retired)
Appreciate 0