F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > BMW Live
Extreme Powerhouse

04-06-2014, 02:46 PM   #1
N-Y
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i

BMW Live

any coders in Ottawa(ideally)/Montreal/Toronto who know how to code in BMW Live?... I have 2012 F30, I have BMW Assist, and BMW Apps, but i'd like to have the other things BMW Live offers like real time traffic, weather, Internet browsing access and so on...

If I can get it enabled... would it disable assist services in iDrive?... as per one of these post it does? http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=693784

Last edited by N-Y; 04-06-2014 at 02:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2014, 06:18 AM   #2
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by N-Y View Post
any coders in Ottawa(ideally)/Montreal/Toronto who know how to code in BMW Live?... I have 2012 F30, I have BMW Assist, and BMW Apps, but i'd like to have the other things BMW Live offers like real time traffic, weather, Internet browsing access and so on...

If I can get it enabled... would it disable assist services in iDrive?... as per one of these post it does? http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=693784
This will disable BMW Assist and there's no workaround.

I don't think many coders will do this including myself because it involves removing all of the BMW Assist options on your vehicle order and replacing them with BMW Live, Internet etc. The BMW Live servers also validates your VIN for the first time to make sure you have the necessary option codes for this service and as such, a temporary European VIN needs to be written to your combox.

There's really not much you get out of this since BMW Live just shows weather, and it has some apps like Yelp on it. Real time traffic is only available through BMW Assist and if you have NBT. It can't be done via Bluetooth let alone on CIC if you are in Canada.

I've seen a few people enable it on their non-nav head units and it's good for them but since you have BMW Assist, it's not worth losing that to get BMW Live.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2014, 07:12 AM   #3
N-Y
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritaurus View Post
This will disable BMW Assist and there's no workaround.

I don't think many coders will do this including myself because it involves removing all of the BMW Assist options on your vehicle order and replacing them with BMW Live, Internet etc. The BMW Live servers also validates your VIN for the first time to make sure you have the necessary option codes for this service and as such, a temporary European VIN needs to be written to your combox.

There's really not much you get out of this since BMW Live just shows weather, and it has some apps like Yelp on it. Real time traffic is only available through BMW Assist and if you have NBT. It can't be done via Bluetooth let alone on CIC if you are in Canada.

I've seen a few people enable it on their non-nav head units and it's good for them but since you have BMW Assist, it's not worth losing that to get BMW Live.

Ya I guess not worth it... but I dunno why BMW did that... they should have made it where customers can have both...

is there a way to get real time traffic without BMW live?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2014, 08:55 AM   #4
Tim@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2022 X4 M Competition F98 LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by N-Y View Post
is there a way to get real time traffic without BMW live?
Here - http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=924464

Though please be advised, for me it only works when I'm in the states. Might have something to do with the decoding agreements in Canada for RDS-TMC
Appreciate 0