E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > ..LONG..My service department has a bunch of retards working there...

11-26-2007, 09:42 AM   #1
trick50
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Space Gray

..LONG..My service department has a bunch of retards working there...

So I brought my car in for 15,000 mile service on friday and asked that they check a very annoying rattle coming from the seat belt extender on the drivers side. I bring drop the car off and my SA was off for the holiday and the guy helping me hands me a business card with a number written on the back and says "bring this card over there and they will give you a loaner, just show them this number" So I am standing there like a jack ass for about twenty minutes with this stupid card in my hand...watching people get cars that were there after me and no one has a card in there hand turns out they were working off of a list..So I explain to the guy that my SA told me to just give them the card for my loaner; he looked at me like I had ten heads and said "we dont' do that here your SA has to put your name on the list, so you should go tell him to put your name on the list" I'm like your kidding right..wtf..why don't you go tell him to put my name on the list like I did something wrong!?!

So I get my loaner and I'm on my way....about 3:30 pm I call to make sure that my car will be ready, leave a voicemail (cuz you can never get an SA on the phone at Rallye BMW, what these guys are doing all day is beyond me since they do not accept drop offs between 11am and 6pm or something retarded. He calls me back an hour later and says your car is ready for pickup all fixed.!!

So I go and pick up the car (SA no where to be found) looking at the work order before I sign off on it and it says "Customer states drivers side seat belt extender rattles when driving""NPE No problem found at this time" at this point I'm like whatever I'll have to fix this one myself...I go home and go about my weekend...

So last night (Sunday) I go out to the garage to look under the hood (getting JBS2 soon and wanted to compare the online pics to prepare myself for install)...I notice that where I am supposed to have 6 8mm hex bolts holding the cowl cover down I have 5 and 1 phillips screw.. Ok...so when they updated my software in august the guy lost a bolt and rather than going up to parts he grabs a random screw and runs it in there...(Not surprised by this since they also broke the plastic panel around the moonroof switch while replacing the moonroof cassette and tried to fix it with a hot glue gun like I wouldn't notice I was standing 20 feet away from the guy when he asked the other mechanic for the hotglue gun)...

Icing on the cake....

This morning I get a call from the SA I was dealing with on friday...telling me that my car is ready for pickup and he appologized that it took so long they spent alot of time fixing the seat belt extender....

So I basically went off on him...told him that my receipt said it wasn't fixed and I can clearly tell nothing was fixed from driving it and looking at it (since the panel is on correct they must not have removed it cuz it they had it probably would have been reinstalled with a hot glue gun.)

Needless to say I just left a message with my customer service rep over at BMWNA...I really wasn't that pissed until I got the phone call from the SA this morning..that was just a kick in the nutz
07 E92 335i,Sport,I-drive,Cold Weather,Bluetooth,Beyern Mesh 19",M-Pedals,Rear Fogs,Gp Thunder,Carbon Roundels,Coming Soon JB2,Vorsteiner Decklid,OEM Aero LipRIP9/8/06-12/11/07 Gone but never forgotten
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 10:49 AM   #2
BMWdmk
*Rollin 3rd*
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something fast

this is what you tell them

TAKE IT!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 03:25 PM   #3
Geoff
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Sedan

Yea, I'm always worried when I bring my car to the dealer.

When I first received my car, I left it with them to have them install the alarm. Then when I got it back and turned on the car, there was an error code that I didn't recognize but I thought it was just a fluke and would go away. Then later as I was driving home I try to open the sunroof and it doesn't open (which I then realized was the reason why I had the error code). I get home and call to tell them I need them to fix my sunroof and I have to bring it back in again...

The issue was that when they installed the alarm and did some programming to install it, they screwed up the programming for the sunroof somehow.

So my question is, why did they give me back my car without resolving a new issue that they created...
2007 328i Sedan | Jet Black | Black Dakota | Aluminum Trim | Steptronic | Premium | Sport | Comfort Access | Xenon | Logic 7 | Clear Bra | Alarm | Chrome Tips | Black Lines | PIAA 6500K Angel Eyes | Nokya 7000K DRLs
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 03:36 PM   #4
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick50 View Post
So I brought my car in for 15,000 mile service on friday and asked that they check a very annoying rattle coming from the seat belt extender on the drivers side. I bring drop the car off and my SA was off for the holiday and the guy helping me hands me a business card with a number written on the back and says "bring this card over there and they will give you a loaner, just show them this number" So I am standing there like a jack ass for about twenty minutes with this stupid card in my hand...watching people get cars that were there after me and no one has a card in there hand turns out they were working off of a list..So I explain to the guy that my SA told me to just give them the card for my loaner; he looked at me like I had ten heads and said "we dont' do that here your SA has to put your name on the list, so you should go tell him to put your name on the list" I'm like your kidding right..wtf..why don't you go tell him to put my name on the list like I did something wrong!?!

So I get my loaner and I'm on my way....about 3:30 pm I call to make sure that my car will be ready, leave a voicemail (cuz you can never get an SA on the phone at Rallye BMW, what these guys are doing all day is beyond me since they do not accept drop offs between 11am and 6pm or something retarded. He calls me back an hour later and says your car is ready for pickup all fixed.!!

So I go and pick up the car (SA no where to be found) looking at the work order before I sign off on it and it says "Customer states drivers side seat belt extender rattles when driving""NPE No problem found at this time" at this point I'm like whatever I'll have to fix this one myself...I go home and go about my weekend...

So last night (Sunday) I go out to the garage to look under the hood (getting JBS2 soon and wanted to compare the online pics to prepare myself for install)...I notice that where I am supposed to have 6 8mm hex bolts holding the cowl cover down I have 5 and 1 phillips screw.. Ok...so when they updated my software in august the guy lost a bolt and rather than going up to parts he grabs a random screw and runs it in there...(Not surprised by this since they also broke the plastic panel around the moonroof switch while replacing the moonroof cassette and tried to fix it with a hot glue gun like I wouldn't notice I was standing 20 feet away from the guy when he asked the other mechanic for the hotglue gun)...

Icing on the cake....

This morning I get a call from the SA I was dealing with on friday...telling me that my car is ready for pickup and he appologized that it took so long they spent alot of time fixing the seat belt extender....

So I basically went off on him...told him that my receipt said it wasn't fixed and I can clearly tell nothing was fixed from driving it and looking at it (since the panel is on correct they must not have removed it cuz it they had it probably would have been reinstalled with a hot glue gun.)

Needless to say I just left a message with my customer service rep over at BMWNA...I really wasn't that pissed until I got the phone call from the SA this morning..that was just a kick in the nutz
If they don't make it right, hit them with their survey. The survey which effects their allocations is pass/fail. Anything under all 5's is a fail, and the dealership can throw out the lowest X%, so give them all 4's or 3's. That way it will stick.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2007, 12:58 PM   #5
gdnyc
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi Jet Black

Rallye has great detailers.. They love to induce swirl marks...

BMW, please get rid of the RFT's and give us a spare tire!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2007, 11:26 PM   #6
trick50
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdnyc View Post
Rallye has great detailers.. They love to induce swirl marks...
lol been there done that
07 E92 335i,Sport,I-drive,Cold Weather,Bluetooth,Beyern Mesh 19",M-Pedals,Rear Fogs,Gp Thunder,Carbon Roundels,Coming Soon JB2,Vorsteiner Decklid,OEM Aero LipRIP9/8/06-12/11/07 Gone but never forgotten
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 08:41 AM   #7
gdnyc
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi Jet Black

I've told them in the past not to wash my car. I told them I will give 5's if they don't. HA!

BMW, please get rid of the RFT's and give us a spare tire!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 10:25 AM   #8
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Damn... I'm glad I don't go to that dealership.

You should just take your car to another dealership next time.

Sorry to hear about your problem!

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0