United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 e90

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I3 Test Drive Event

So i finally got to drive the BMW i3!

Styling
Looks great from the front, not so great from the back. Interior material are all fresh and new. The dashboard is really long in person, I guess that makes up for the short hood. When you step into the car you notice the floor starts higher than you would think but thats fine the battery has to go somewhere. When driving people definitely boldly stare, it kinda makes you laugh. The wheels are quite large in proportion to the car but look nice.

Driving
I must say start up and driving is so quiet. I love the self braking because it reminds me of downshifting in my manual e90, which is an awesome sensation autos don't give. I'm not an SUV type guy but I didn't feel like that until i took a fast turn, if felt the golf cart might tip. Though I've see in other reviews the car won't tip, but the tires may skip, which isnt cool either. That aside acceleration was awesome! A real city car to really cut in traffic. Back window visibility was small but the mirrors were a great size.

Summary
This is the affordable tesla to zip around town, just not cross country. If you don't snowboard or take long trips, then this is the perfect car for you. It is a sure attention grabber but price and range keep me away for now! I'd love for america to not be dependent on foreign oil and this is at least a step closer.

Last edited by freshnezzz; 04-27-2014 at 10:51 AM..
Appreciate 0