E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > cobb stage 1 stopped making power?

04-29-2014, 08:33 AM   #1
babbagandu
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

cobb stage 1 stopped making power?

I have a stock 335 with a cobb stage 1 aggressive tune. Lately it feels like the car just isn't pulling the way it was when I first installed the tune. It definitely feels slow compared to before.

I've a small hesitation on acceleration which it was doing when stock which ended up being a coil pack that the dealer replaced. So it's possible I need to have the rest of them changed...could this be the cause of the car feeling slow? Other than that I really have no idea...all I know is when I first installed the tune I could feel the torque coming on as the turbos spooled and it no longer does this at all. It pretty much feels like stock and maybe even a bit slower at times and I'm not sure what the cause is.

Can anybody give an idea of what it may be?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 08:54 AM   #2
JStang
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: FDB M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbagandu View Post
I have a stock 335 with a cobb stage 1 aggressive tune. Lately it feels like the car just isn't pulling the way it was when I first installed the tune. It definitely feels slow compared to before.

I've a small hesitation on acceleration which it was doing when stock which ended up being a coil pack that the dealer replaced. So it's possible I need to have the rest of them changed...could this be the cause of the car feeling slow? Other than that I really have no idea...all I know is when I first installed the tune I could feel the torque coming on as the turbos spooled and it no longer does this at all. It pretty much feels like stock and maybe even a bit slower at times and I'm not sure what the cause is.

Can anybody give an idea of what it may be?
You may just be getting used to the power. Does the AP show any codes?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 09:24 AM   #3
BlackBB6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
How many tuned miles on your spark plugs? Have the valves ever been cleaned? I would start with those two.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 11:13 AM   #4
babbagandu
Rep

The car has only been driven maybe 2k miles with the tune.

I haven't checked for any codes yet so I probably should. But it's definitely not just that I'm used to the power. All the torque is just gone. The funny thing is it drives just fine under normal driving and you would never suspect anything is wrong but when you get on it it just doesn't pull the same. Almost feels slower than stock now
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 11:16 AM   #5
Icewall
Private
Rep
Drives: black 135i

Since you have cobb make a log and upload to datazap so we can see at least what the car is doing
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 11:22 AM   #6
babbagandu
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewall View Post
Since you have cobb make a log and upload to datazap so we can see at least what the car is doing
I will do this tonight after work
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 07:08 PM   #7
FrankyGTR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N54 335i 6MT-R32GTR

so any news? post a log