F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > HTC One
ARMA SPEED

04-29-2014, 09:56 AM   #1
Fronzdan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M240 xDrive

HTC One

Who has this working with iDrive? I've got Dragon Drive working over BT, but can't get basic functionality like music streaming working. With either BT or usb, I can only see whatever song is currently queued up on the device. For example, if I select an album on the phone itself, all I can see in idrive are those songs....I cannot see the whole music hierarchy.

Also can't get the Remote app or the Connected apps to work.

On the other hand, I can get iphone music working over BT and USB, SMS message reading, Remote app and Connected apps to work, along with Siri integration. But I can't get Dragon Drive to work on iOS.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 10:18 AM   #2
jaffab
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F32 420d xdrive M Sport

I have an S4, my wife has an HTC One, and she connected her phone to my car - cant say much about the other functionality, but she managed to get BT music playing without many issues.

She is running KitKat OS (4.4.2) and music via stock app.

As I say, she has not tried to connect it via USB or anything,
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 03:33 PM   #3
funkadesi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 435i M-Sport

I have a NEXUS 5 and I can basically do the following things:

- Use BT to call/answer
- Use BT to listen to Music
- Sync Phonebook with idrive and call directly from the contacts synced in iDrive

will play around more and report back
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 10:31 PM   #4
mge92
SPEED RACER
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50d BMW M2 CS

Which HTC One do you have? Both my HTC One M8 and M7 works with my friends nbt 4 series and my cic X3
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2014, 11:06 PM   #5
Fronzdan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M240 xDrive

It's an M7. Can you browse your music on the phone, from iDrive? I can't, it's really weird. I have NBT, enhanced BT etc. I connect via BT. The HTC thinks NBT is a headset for phone and headphones for Media Audio. Calls work, email and texting work. But when going to the device to play music, iDrive doesn't see any music. If I go to the device, start the music app and select a playlist or album, AND hit play on the music app, the audio comes out of the car system. THEN, iDrive sees track titles, but only for whatever ones which are in the album or playlist that I manually selected from the HTC. If I want to select another playlist, I have to queue it up from the device.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 04:53 AM   #6
alcook
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP Convertible

Excellent, a HTC thread.
UK HTC One user here.

Had my F30 (Prof media, EBT, Connected Apps) for two days so I'm still on a steep learning curve. I haven't activated my Connected Service yet (I have to ring a UK number on Tuesday) so more functionality may be released when I do...?

It would have been great to have had some 'dummies user guide' available to help with the basics of connectivity and to explain in a simple way hat they allow you to do as the option codes are equally confusing too and I don't know why we can't simply state the option in full... but I've worked out by simply pairing the car with the phone that'
  • The BT connection is quick and seamless
  • I can stream music from my PowerAmp app on the phone and move to next / previous track. I have no album art yet and I can't see the play list.
  • Make / Receive calls (easy one I guess) and I can see my Contacts etc
  • I can access the Office feature and can see, hear and dictate SMS messages and I can dictate an email message using Dragon which is excellent.

What I need to do next is;
1. Get Album artwork and track information and select from the steering wheel / voice
2. Work out how to flag an SMS / Email up when it arrives
3. Activate 'my service' and see what happens next
4. Understand what functionality I'm missing out on by simply not understanding what the Phone / Car combination can do.
5. Articulate this back to anyone who needs some simple step by step instructions.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 05:25 AM   #7
jaffab
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F32 420d xdrive M Sport

What I need to do next is;
1. Get Album artwork and track information and select from the steering wheel / voice
You wont get this to happy unless you connect your phone via USB. With Bluetooth, all you will get is current, next and last track playing. No playlists, no searching, no 'play me spice girls' options - just last, current and next. Plug in via USB or dock station, and you will get all the options you need. BUT, if its anything like most Android phones, you wont get album art work - this only works from a USB stick and music copied to the car.

2. Work out how to flag an SMS / Email up when it arrives
When an SMS arrives, you dont get any real notification - just a little enverlope on the top right display of the sat nav (where the phone signal strength is display). As for email - yeah, good luck on that one.

3. Activate 'my service' and see what happens next
Answer: You will be dissapointed. But I dont want to spoil the suprise.
Appreciate 1
      05-04-2014, 06:09 AM   #8
335i_4D
Now in the dark side !
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 911S 997.2 Cab

+1 on what he said...
2010 X5 35d Black fully loaded (Sold)
2007 335i sedan Antracite (Sold and missed !)
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 01:41 PM   #9
alcook
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP Convertible

Jaffab. Thanks man
You've just saved me a few hours 'fiddling'.. and burst my bubble...

I was in two minds whether to splash out on the snap-in connector. But I want my phone on show (just bought a Brodit holder) as I want the camera detector option on my phone, so I'll just downgrade my expectations.. and use my car mode option on the phone (Car Home Ultra looks promising) and see if I can stream the voice through to the car...

On to the next set of my 'to do list'...

1. Stream camera detector and / or car mode voice to the car audio
2. Use the phone to warn of email and reply through Dragon Dictation

Ooh.. I like surprises, so that's something to look forward too!
Appreciate 0